Car warranty

Jewtoys

My car is at the dealer for warranty work, literally 10 issues are being dealt with and all unrelated. A complete pile of crap this car has been.

A few months back I took it in because the throw out bearing was making a ton of noise with under 5k miles, the service advisor tried telling me it was normal engine noise before she would even have a tech look at it! I made her bring a tech over and instantly the guy was like throw out bearing, noise even went away when clutch was depressed. So they have the car for a few days, only to say come and get it the parts are on back order. A few weeks go by, and they call and scheduled a appointment a few days later, I called off work as the dealer is an hour away, only to be told we can't get it in today.... This happened twice... Over the next few months I've tried calling and never get a call back, and the car has had more and more issues pop up, so I figured it will eventually just break and they have to come and get it. Finally fed up I bring it in as its throwing low boost codes, they tell me because the throw out bearing isn't ticking right now they can't replace it! Wtf. What would you do?

Sorry to hear of the dealer problems. But that car is littered with issues, I'm surprised you weren't aware of that. I have a good friend that had one lemon lawed a couple years back. I'd look into that if I were you.

Sorry to hear of the dealer problems. But that car is littered with issues, I'm surprised you weren't aware of that. I have a good friend that had one lemon lawed a couple years back. I'd look into that if I were you.

I've had a bunch of odd ball cars, where if I listened to the internet wouldn't have owned and enjoyed them. Now this car completely lives up to the hype, it has low miles and rides like something with 150k miles, not to mention to endless problems. I hate this car

I'd suggest calling their regional, or finding another dealer to service your car under warranty. If they documented and ordered your throwout bearing, they likely did it under an open repair order. They can't just go back on their word like, "yeah we heard it before and acknowledged it was a problem, but it fixed itself magically."

sounds like some of this is more bad dealer than bad car. Fiat's supply chain problems are well known so the timing isn't surprising. however, a good dealer would find a way to make a case for the throw out bearing given it was an issue not corrected at the time of initial diagnosis. Can you find a new dealer?

I am really disappointed to hear these horror stories about the abarth. I really like them and it seems like they have no end to problems. I mean I get it that people don't buy Italian machinery for it's reliability but still....it's not a complicated car.

sounds like some of this is more bad dealer than bad car. Fiat's supply chain problems are well known so the timing isn't surprising. however, a good dealer would find a way to make a case for the throw out bearing given it was an issue not corrected at the time of initial diagnosis. Can you find a new dealer?

I am really disappointed to hear these horror stories about the abarth. I really like them and it seems like they have no end to problems. I mean I get it that people don't buy Italian machinery for it's reliability but still....it's not a complicated car.

It's a fun car for what it is, when everything is working, but not worth all the headaches and terrible dealer network. These fools don't even have loaners, they make you go to a rental car location, huge PITA always and EVERYTHING is on back order whenever you need something, which means another trip back.

I was going to purchase a 4c, but so glad I've focused all my cash on business or else I would be dealing with the same dealer network.

I'd suggest calling their regional, or finding another dealer to service your car under warranty. If they documented and ordered your throwout bearing, they likely did it under an open repair order. They can't just go back on their word like, "yeah we heard it before and acknowledged it was a problem, but it fixed itself magically."

High ups at Fiat are just as bad, I contacted them recently and said my car has endless issues, and I'm sure could lemon law it out if I want but would rather work something else out. I offered to purchase another new Abarth if they would give me a fair trade for my car, or some other arrangement. They said no thanks :lolguy:

It's a fun car for what it is, when everything is working, but not worth all the headaches and terrible dealer network.

Sounds exactly like my experience owning a new ducati, without the added expense of having to fix a defective part out of pocket because all the warranty would do is replace defective parts with more defective parts. It also sounds like my friend's experience owning a new alfa roadster in the 1990s. It's the one thing the Italians are great at: making something that is a real treat to use and then depriving you of the use of it half the time so you appreciate it better.

I hear there is a customer service person for Fiat NA that haunts the fiat 500 board (handle: Fiatcares). Have you tried reaching out to them?

Sounds exactly like my experience owning a new ducati, without the added expense of having to fix a defective part out of pocket because all the warranty would do is replace defective parts with more defective parts. It also sounds like my friend's experience owning a new alfa roadster in the 1990s. It's the one thing the Italians are great at: making something that is a real treat to use and then depriving you of the use of it half the time so you appreciate it better.

I hear there is a customer service person for Fiat NA that haunts the fiat 500 board (handle: Fiatcares). Have you tried reaching out to them?

Yeah I mostly likely will contact that person, I hate having to complain.

My local Ducati dealer is great, large facility, fair service pricing, free cookouts every weekend. Will hand me the keys to anything in stock, with zero fuss. I love that place.

Wow, I don't get that at all. Sounds like you have tried a few different approaches with Fiat and their dealer, I'd say fuck them too.

Normally I would say fuck them and just have it fixed somewhere on my own dime, to avoid dealing with these headaches and time restraints of having to keep going to the dealer. Have so much coin tied up with one of my businesses, that having to deal with this nightmare is the viable option, sucks. Bad timing.

at this point i would take the car to an abandoned parking lot and set it on fire

insurance claim

profit

No need, it will eventually catch fire itself.

Not sure how local you are, but I'm like 90% sure we have a Fiat salesman on here. Can't recall his user name right now. I'm thinking Bob Boyd Fiat?

I'm located in NC