The Force Awakens

RC K9

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope my boy really likes it, he is about the same age as I was for episode IV. I'd like to relive it through him, however as with other things like this it never works out this way. A dad can dream. We already bought our tickets to see it at 7pm on the 17th.

I don't often watch movies at a theater. This will be an exception.

Pretty amped to see it.

Same here... but some movies deserve a big screen, and just about anything sci-fi qualifies as such. Still wish MGM had re-released 2001 in 2001... the idea of seeing something like that in IMAX makes my inner geek giddy.

So glad John Williams is still around to score these movies. The music is just as incredible as ever in the trailer. Music alone can absolutely make or break a movie and that's one thing that they just don't have to worry about whatsoever with Williams.

Yeah but we all know Lucas has no idea how to properly apply CGI, whereas JJ is a bit more refined, worst we should get will be a little too much shaky camera/motion blur/lens flare.

I didn't mind 1-3 minus jar jar faggot. I do prefer real props to CGI though, and I definitely agree it was overdone in 1-3.

I didn't mind 1-3 minus jar jar faggot. I do prefer real props to CGI though, and I definitely agree it was overdone in 1-3.

Jar Jar was bad but what really killed the first 3 for me was slow-as-molasses relationship development between Angsty PreVader and Momma Skywalker. The acting was...just awful.

Yeah but we all know Lucas has no idea how to properly apply CGI, whereas JJ is a bit more refined, worst we should get will be a little too much shaky camera/motion blur/lens flare.

None of us knew that at the time, I saw TPM opening night and was excited as fuck. Left the theater in a daze. Saw it again, tried to convince myself it was good.

Yeah, life hurts, I learned a hard lesson that day

eta: Remember, this is the fuckstick responsible for the abomination that is Lost. Another series that got me all amped up and then left me with blue balls.