NFL Thread

BStowers023

LJ, you are wrong on that call, everyone in the media was also calling it a BS no call.

I was at the game, and it seemed like the refs were much more lenient on the Steelers, and extremely tough on the Bengals. That all lead up to the Bengals imploding on themselves at the end. Tired of raw-dog ass raping the refs were doing to them.

Joey Porter should not have ever been out on that field at the end. let alone in the Bengals huddle talking shit to the players. THAT should have been an immediate 15 yd penalty.

if they would have thrown it as soon as he went out on the field, that DUMBASS Pacman wouldn't have had the chance to get a penalty thrown on him.

There should have been offsetting penalties, one on Burfict, and one on Porter. they should of had 2nd down at the 50 yard line with like 20 seconds left.

That being said, the Bengals lost it for themselves.

you don't have the ball with under 2 minutes and the lead and fumble, in FG range.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet 50 is fined for the hit.....

Of course he will be fined. But that is after they sit down and review the play from different angles and in slow mo. We are talking about plays that are judgement calls in real time.

LJ, you are wrong on that call, everyone in the media was also calling it a BS no call.

I was at the game, and it seemed like the refs were much more lenient on the Steelers, and extremely tough on the Bengals. That all lead up to the Bengals imploding on themselves at the end. Tired of raw-dog ass raping the refs were doing to them.

Joey Porter should not have ever been out on that field at the end. let alone in the Bengals huddle talking shit to the players. THAT should have been an immediate 15 yd penalty.

if they would have thrown it as soon as he went out on the field, that DUMBASS Pacman wouldn't have had the chance to get a penalty thrown on him.

There should have been offsetting penalties, one on Burfict, and one on Porter. they should of had 2nd down at the 50 yard line with like 20 seconds left.

you don't have the ball with under 2 minutes and the lead and fumble, in FG range.

Im not wrong. Everyone in the media is looking at the play from different angles in slow mo. The refs have to make that call in real time, and in real time Bernard was a runner and Shazier wrapped up as a tackler. They almost ALWAYS call that incidental in real time.

Then quit trying to justify it as a legal hit....

Im not. Im explaining why it wasnt called and why i dont think ive seen it called on a hit on a runner less than a handful of times. Its one of those that the refs seem to swallow the whistle and let the league figure it out rather than the other way around

What was the environment in the stadium at/towards the end of the game? I was at a bar right outside the stadium and it was probably the most violent atmosphere I've been in for a sporting event outside of maybe some Ohio State games on campus.

It was insane. Very aggressive bickering between the fan bases. I thought for sure the game there were going to be fights. Lots of drunk Steeler fans antagonizing. With lots of pissed puff drunk Bengal fans. After the illegal hit on Bernard the stadium was so loud with boos, that you couldn't hear a word those cheating ass refs were even saying over the Mic.

What was the environment in the stadium at/towards the end of the game? I was at a bar right outside the stadium and it was probably the most violent atmosphere I've been in for a sporting event outside of maybe some Ohio State games on campus.

Of course he will be fined. But that is after they sit down and review the play from different angles and in slow mo. We are talking about plays that are judgement calls in real time.

And with that you're basically admitting it was a missed call on that fumble. I'm not sure you're seeing the disconnect in your case on the game-time result (no personal foul penalty) and the post-game penalty levy stance you think should happen.

If it was incidental, then yes I agree it would be OK to not call a foul. But if it isn't, it absolutely implies that the Shazier spearing wasn't incidental, which is where the refs made the mistake on the judgment call.

Judgment calls aren't easy, but it's very much bullshit when refs decide to be lenient on one side of the ball (Shazier), but fair/harsh on the other (Burfict's hit on Antonio) on such things. Consistency is key and that's why we're even having this discussion. The Burfict hit looked harder than the Shazier hit, but both knocked out players with severe head trauma: Bernard, and Brown respectively.

And with that you're basically admitting it was a missed call on that fumble. I'm not sure you're seeing the disconnect in your case on the game-time result (no personal foul penalty) and the post-game penalty levy stance you think should happen.

If it was incidental, then yes I agree it would be OK to not call a foul. But if it isn't, it absolutely implies that the Shazier spearing wasn't incidental, which is where the refs made the mistake on the judgment call.

Judgment calls aren't easy, but it's very much bullshit when refs decide to be lenient on one side of the ball (Shazier), but fair/harsh on the other (Burfict's hit on Antonio) on such things. Consistency is key and that's why we're even having this discussion. The Burfict hit looked harder than the Shazier hit, but both knocked out players with severe head trauma: Bernard, and Brown respectively.

I never said it wasnt. I was explaining why they will hardly EVER call that penalty. Once the refs deem that the player was a ball carrier and not a defenseless receiver, they begin to err on the side of it being incidental. The thought process will determine how the hit was made (arms down and launching vs wrap up tackling) and if they think it was malicious (it was not, it was a fast closing play where Bernard lowered his head). They have to make this decision in real time. Fines are based on slow mo replays.

The Burfict hit was against a defensless receiver which is a completely different scenario, period.

Bernard was moving with the ball, Burfect took 3 full steps after Brown bad missed the ball, well over his head. Hell, Brown had time to miss the ball, come back down and partially turn as he was regaining his feet before he was hit.

Absolutely no way you can't understand how the refs could make one of those calls and not the other.

Lol @ Browns fans thinking the Bengals are the biggest joke in the NFL.

I didn't say that but you guys must be thinking it. There's enough salt on you Trouts to dress my Margarita glass.

I'm just amazed at the excuses and justifications on social media today. "If it needs justified it's probably not justifiable". ~ some wise guy

Shazier hit = clean and unfortunate

Everything the Bengals did = dirty and purposeful

Burfict victory LOL

Edited by Miller

Bengals fans need to stop ripping Burfict and calling for him to be off the team. Yeah, he's a dirty and intense player but it's not like we didn't know that going into this game. We've always taken the good with the bad with him. Without him in that game, we most likely don't even have a chance to win. He had a great sack on Ben with a hard legal hit that knocked him out, then a huge interception that should have sealed the game. He plays with serious intensity and he led the NFL in tackles with 171 tackles.

Great Article about the game. http://sportsworld.nbcsports.com/bengals-steelers-referees-vontaze-burfict-antonio-brown-joey-porter/

Bengals lost when they could have won. Same would be said if the if the Steelers lost.

I didn't watch either game Sunday after the shit show Saturday night. Didn't miss the NFL product at all. I'll just wait for the Super Bowl to watch again.

My problem with the Steelers - Bengals game, and this is coming from a Packers fan who has no stake in either team, was the fact that they threw a second flag in the end. I mean, what exactly does Jones do that warrants a second personal foul flag, which basically changes the outcome of the game? As soon as the ref makes the conscious thought that he's going to throw a 15 yard flag, he's now interfered with the outcome of the game and given it to the Steelers with an easy field goal.

From what I saw, Jones never touched anyone, he was just running his mouth. And then you've got the Steelers coach out on the field, which is also against the rules, antagonizing the Bengals players. That right there also should have been called and so then you've got canceling calls and the Steelers are trying for a very long game winning field goal instead of the chip shot. Unless Jones was out there trying to kill someone, I believe as a ref, you don't make that call right there with seconds remaining.

I have no issues with the previous call, that's just a dumb head hunting move.

^^ I agree 100% ^^

to quote myself though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8eognJrC1Q&feature=player_embedded

but crap calls/no calls like these, are partially why the Bengals imploded on themselves.

skip the last one on the AB hit. but the 1st 2 in that video are great points

My problem with the Steelers - Bengals game, and this is coming from a Packers fan who has no stake in either team, was the fact that they threw a second flag in the end. I mean, what exactly does Jones do that warrants a second personal foul flag, which basically changes the outcome of the game? As soon as the ref makes the conscious thought that he's going to throw a 15 yard flag, he's now interfered with the outcome of the game and given it to the Steelers with an easy field goal.

From what I saw, Jones never touched anyone, he was just running his mouth. And then you've got the Steelers coach out on the field, which is also against the rules, antagonizing the Bengals players. That right there also should have been called and so then you've got canceling calls and the Steelers are trying for a very long game winning field goal instead of the chip shot. Unless Jones was out there trying to kill someone, I believe as a ref, you don't make that call right there with seconds remaining.

I have no issues with the previous call, that's just a dumb head hunting move.

Jones was called for trying to get through a ref at Porter.

Also, Porter was not "out in the middle of the Bengals huddle antagonizing players". He was with Brown and turned to say something to Burfict when the team Dr. threw Burfict's hand away and Gilberry shoved Porter into the group of Bengals.

I mean, if we want to talk about people on the field when they shouldn't be, why wasn't Peko ejected for coming off the bench to shove a player?

or you know, this

QbwOK9k.jpg