College Football Thread v13.0

bicranium

I'd like to see Brax as the shovel man

Think we'll definitely see this formation more against Notre Dame so wouldn't be surprised to see that.

Also, in case anyone was wondering, Ed Warinner will be up in the booth again for the bowl game and for as long as he's at OSU. Not sure what is going to happen with Tim Beck. I could definitely see Urban giving him another year. I don't think the MSU game was any more his fault than it was Warinner's or Urban's. But I know Beck is an easy target as he's the new guy and his record at Nebraska wasn't exactly stellar. That said, I have read stuff about Beck being gone, Warinner becoming sole OC and moving to coach QB's as well (he did it at Kansas) then bringing in a new OL coach such as ND's Harry Hiestand. ND is just a farm system for OSU coaches at this point. Urban was an assistant there, he stole Warinner and Hinton from ND when he came to OSU, he took Alford last year after Drayton went NFL. The Fiesta Bowl could be a nice little audition for any ND coaches looking to move up to the big leagues...haha.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zavier is just upset that a slow, heavy '03 Cobra with Alteezas smoked his big single turbo FD. Apparently his dorito didn't have that SEC speeeeeeeeeed.

Zavier, I would love to post that video, but I have no idea where to look. I might ask Linn if he has it.

And, for the record, you're right, when you didn't manage to miss third gear (which was on 784 of the 785 pulls we did that night), our cars were pretty much even. Of course, when John Force misses a gear, he doesn't get to roll back to the starting line and tell them that he wants a do-over.

John Keep it about football related, if you want to talk about cars make another thread. I would love to catch up on good old times.

Zavier is just upset that a slow, heavy '03 Cobra with Alteezas smoked his big single turbo FD. Apparently his dorito didn't have that SEC speeeeeeeeeed.

Zavier, I would love to post that video, but I have no idea where to look. I might ask Linn if he has it.

And, for the record, you're right, when you didn't manage to miss third gear (which was on 784 of the 785 pulls we did that night), our cars were pretty much even. Of course, when John Force misses a gear, he doesn't get to roll back to the starting line and tell them that he wants a do-over.

John Keep it football related, if you want to talk about cars make another thread.

ESPN's college football's front page : Why '15 Alabama would beat '14 Ohio State.

Like why is that even an article ESPN? What the hell does that have to do with anything. I might be being a homer but I think the 2014 Buckeyes in that 3 game stretch may be the best team I've ever watched.

Teams that would compete with the 2014 Buckeyes IMO

2001 Miami Hurricanes

2005 USC Trojans

2012 Alabama

I'm not going to add in teams before I really watched football and knew what was going on. Plus, Miami (ohio) could beat the best team ever assembled before 1950 by as much as they wanted to. I know it's all relative, but I'm thinking in terms of putting both teams on the field and seeing what happens. I know the 1995 Nebraska team would be on most people's list, but I didn't really get to watch them play.

Imagine this playoff

2014 Buckeyes

2012 Alabama

1995 Nebraska

2001 Miami

Henry: 1986 yards, 339 carries, 5.8 Avg, 23 TD's

McCaffery: 1847 yards, 319 carries, 5.7 avg 8td and nearly 3500 total yards of offense.

For arguments sake, Zeke: 1672 yards, 262 carries, 6.1 avg, 18 Td's. That's 43 carries less than McCaffery and 77 less than Henry. If Zeke would've gotten 300 carries this year, he'd probably have 1900+ yards

The rumor was the coaches didn't want to have Zeke at 300 carries until a 14th game. Sounds like our coaches know how to look out for a kid's future and not kill him with carries

I found this old video, probably not what Tilley was looking for but, the best I can do.

Look at you with the timely video post. :cool:

Yeah, unfortunately, that wasn't what I was looking for. The one I am thinking of was - I'm pretty sure - when we made a trip out to Dayton and then were all getting in pulls on the return trip. There were a ton of people out that night.

Look at you with the timely video post. :cool:

Yeah, unfortunately, that wasn't what I was looking for. The one I am thinking of was - I'm pretty sure - when we made a trip out to Dayton and then were all getting in pulls on the return trip. There were a ton of people out that night.

Haha! that video is when I lost a turbo seal, no racing from me that night.