College Football Thread v13.0

bicranium

SEC fans? I don't get it. People are actually a fan of a conference? Who are these "SEC" fans, Verne and Danielson? As a Florida fan, I fucking hate every other team in the conference besides Kentucky and Vandy. Why? Because we always beat Kentucky and Vandy. Fuck everyone else in the SEC, I hope they lose and Florida steals all their good recruits.

I realize everyone wants their team's conference to be the best because it makes their team look stronger, but fuck that, I refuse to cheer for my team's rivals. So I don't understand why everyone always makes such a fuss about conferences. Not just CR but everyone, media and fans both.

Then again, I used to get pissed when folks would claim some school like Utah or Boise State from a cupcake conference should be national champs, so maybe I shouldn't be bitching about conference comparison discussions.

How about all of the fans of SEC teams chanting "SEC SEC SEC" At their bowl games the past 6-8 years?

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this was a pretty great weekend of football. Clemson vs. UNC was pretty fun to watch, and Michigan State vs. Iowa was a classic B1G game. Solid victory by the Tide, too. Super excited for the bowl games, and I'll echo Jive in saying I think the winner of Clemson vs. Oklahoma wins it all.

Yes! I don't understand how they hate both Mich teams, get beat by MSU and now that they are in the kiddy bowl! NOW they are fans. Way to keep supporting your team when they are in the toilet

Your posts are seriously nothing more than you just saying "HUUURR DUURR ROLL TIDE, HURR SECC, DURR OSU SUCKS". I mean, if you are going to talk shit, at least try to sound somewhat intelligent.

He is making me look bad. I was happy being the lone wolf tide fan. I don't need any members to My wolf pack.

I think you're an annoying little shit, but he's WAAAAAAY worse than you. You can at least provide some detail to your thoughts. This dude is literally a Walmart fan.

#TeamJive

I'd put money on bama beating msu. Should be better than jive thinks, but bama is the better team. Iowa vs stanford is another old school ground and pound game, but stanford has the x-factor in McCaffrey and wins it. Oklahoma should spank clemson. We get notre lame again in the Fiesta bowl. I can only hope we beat on them like aj hawk did to his brother in law in the Fiesta Bowl awhile back.

I'll be rooting for MSU against Bama as the lesser of 2 evils, Plus I think Clemson (if they survive Oklahoma) has a better chance against MSU. I think Bama wins by 14+ though

I'll be rooting for Clemson all the way, as they are my ACC team. I'm just used to them Clemsoning and not really being a National Contender. Feel free to call me a bandwagon fan if you'd like, but I'm the random guy at cars & coffee wearing the Clemson hat.

As far as Conference rooting, I get it with the backlash of "SEC is the greatest!" BS. I don't root for the Big Ten but I do like it when the Big Ten has a good showing because nobody wants their team to play in a conference like the Big East was. You had Miami, VT kinda close and everyone else sucked for a long time. Teams sucked so bad Temple was kicked out to try to make the conference better.

I do root for the MAC though, that conference hardly gets any respect but the teams are usually fun to watch. Produce some good NFL players too.

I'd put money on bama beating msu. Should be better than jive thinks, but bama is the better team. Iowa vs stanford is another old school ground and pound game, but stanford has the x-factor in McCaffrey and wins it. Oklahoma should spank clemson. We get notre lame again in the Fiesta bowl. I can only hope we beat on them like aj hawk did to his brother in law in the Fiesta Bowl awhile back.

Just check Covers.com , they have Alabama -10. I'll give you Alabama -7.5. Anyone wants Alabama pm me.

What do you want to bet? Just looking at the bowl games

Bama vs MSU

Georgia vs pen st

Northwestern vs Tennessee

Florida vs Michigan

I see 3-1 record for sec.

Iowa will lose to Stanford.

OSU vs ND could be interesting. I see b1g winning 2 games out of this list.

I would wager $50, if that suits your fancy. If they and up 2-2, it's a push. Deal?

Almost everyone conference honks though, not just SEC fans. The SEC is just the worst about it, but you're stupid if you don't root for your conference to do well. With how subjective everything is and how everything is based on perception, how good your conference is absolutely plays into how the committee views your team. Look at Alabama. Every loss is a "quality loss" and almost every win is a big time win because it's against SEC opponents (perceived the best conference).

How about all of the fans of SEC teams chanting "SEC SEC SEC" At their bowl games the past 6-8 years?

Exactly. I remember when LSU beat OSU in the 2007 title game and the crowd starts chanting SEC. I was just like... lolwut.

That said, I do want B1G teams to do well because as you said in your other post, perception is a big deal. Clemson beat 3 teams inside the CFP's final top 10 and morons on TV on Saturday were still talking about the committee potentially putting Bama ahead of them. Bama... with 0 wins over top 15 teams. And a loss. Over Clemson with 3 wins over top 10 teams. And no loss.

It takes a while to beat perception though. Everyone helped chip away at it a bit last season but it needs to continue this season or more stupid discussions like the one above involving putting a 1-loss SEC team with 0 top 15 wins above an undefeated ACC team with 3 top 10 wins will keep happening.

Clemson beat 3 teams inside the CFP's final top 10 and morons on TV on Saturday were still talking about the committee potentially putting Bama ahead of them. Bama... with 0 wins over top 15 teams. And a loss. Over Clemson with 3 wins over top 10 teams. And no loss.

I quit watching as soon as that was brought up. No debate necessary. At best Bama is 2, 3 is more deserving (2/3 doesn't really matter) but you can make an argument for them being 4.

Zavier is just upset that a slow, heavy '03 Cobra with Alteezas smoked his big single turbo FD. Apparently his dorito didn't have that SEC speeeeeeeeeed.

Zavier, I would love to post that video, but I have no idea where to look. I might ask Linn if he has it.

And, for the record, you're right, when you didn't manage to miss third gear (which was on 784 of the 785 pulls we did that night), our cars were pretty much even. Of course, when John Force misses a gear, he doesn't get to roll back to the starting line and tell them that he wants a do-over.

So, how did everyone's pre-season predictions stack up?

IIRC, I picked these 4 for my playoff teams:

Clemson - yay!

Ohio State - disappointment, but wasn't that far off

Auburn - LOL nice pick idiot

Arizona State - are they even still in FBS? Car fire

Predictions for Playoff:

1. Ohio State

2. Arizona State

3. The Rambling Wreck of Geogia Tech

4. SEC Champ will have 2 losses. Let's go with Mizzou.

Big 12 left out again with 3 true champions this year. (TCU, Baylor & Oklahoma)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2kIm9Zv6d-5V4d1miiYsVjvW8y24rJAE9I_7teVYUQ4YtuA0F7w

LOL.

Jive, for what it's worth, I don't think Sparty is going to beat you guys. That D looks really good. That being said, I am obliged to root for the team that beat us, because that makes us look better (CFB logic, how the fuck does it work?).

Georgia Tech 3-9

Mizzou 5-7

Arizona State 6-6

Not even close

http://cdn1.theodysseyonline.com/files/2015/11/12/635829044674436015777479075_lou-holtz-meme_zpsc6205e55-650x342.jpg

Very cool "wrinkle" OSU installed for the Michigan game that I definitely didn't notice...

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/film-study/2015/12/64706/film-study-what-to-expect-from-ohio-states-double-wing-package-in-the-future

OSU didn't use it outside of one drive since their base stuff was working just fine but on that one drive it worked really well and OSU scored a TD off it. Always cool to see little additions, or a bit of a callback for Urban in this case, late in the season.

Very cool "wrinkle" OSU installed for the Michigan game that I definitely didn't notice...

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/film-study/2015/12/64706/film-study-what-to-expect-from-ohio-states-double-wing-package-in-the-future

OSU didn't use it outside of one drive since their base stuff was working just fine but on that one drive it worked really well and OSU scored a TD off it. Always cool to see little additions, or a bit of a callback for Urban in this case, late in the season.

I'd like to see Brax as the shovel man