College Football Thread v13.0

bicranium

In that order. Elliott is the best all around back and its not close. From running to catching and blocking he's ahead of the others. There's a reason he's a projected too 15 draft pick.

I guess that's incomprehensible to Jive. Dalvin cook ran for like 200 was yards than Henry on 211 carries versus Henry's 339. But Henry is better, right Jive?

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does everyone that works hard deserve a promotion?..... Hard work is great, but results need to come with that hard work.

Fickell has lots of great results. 2 bad years where his front 7 performed great but the secondary was awful apparently means he has no results. He has been a DC at OSU since 2005. I honestly don't care if he gets a promotion, but revelling in the fact that he didnt is shitty.

In that order. Elliott is the best all around back and its not close. From running to catching and blocking he's ahead of the others. There's a reason he's a projected too 15 draft pick.

Bosa and Elliott got hosed on national awards. Elliott graded as the best all around back and Bosa graded as the best d lineman.

Henry was voted best offensive player and has won numerous awards. Yes he is that good.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2596114-bleacher-report-college-football-awards-for-2015-season/page/4

And if you don't think there is bias involved, you're fooling yourself. He's a great running back, but in my opinion not the best.

Henry was voted best offensive player and has won numerous awards. Yes he is that good.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2596114-bleacher-report-college-football-awards-for-2015-season/page/4

How many yards did he have against Ohio State?

Serious question.

Trent was a bust In the NFL but Lacey' date=' Yeldon and Ingraham are far from busts.[/quote']

Lacey's numbers have declinded every year he has been in the NFL thus far.

Yeldon's career is too early to decide, but he only has 600 yards this year

Ingram has not been anything to write home about, although this year he was looking pretty good before getting injured.

Wasn't a good day for OSU recruiting wise, first Richard Lecounte a 2017 kid chose UGA over OSU. Many pinned him to be a shoe in for Ohio State. The appeal of staying home and playing for Kirby Smart was too much though. Then 2016 QB commit Tristan Wallace decommitted and committed to Oregon as a WR instead.

Hopefully OSU can sway the #6 pro style QB, Dwayne Haskins who is currently a Maryland commit. For those not familiar with Haskins, he grew up an OSU fan, there's even a video of him as a kid inside the OSU locker room, pretty cool story if he ends up playing for the Bucks.

LeCounte was a dog fight even with Richt at UGA. Him gone, new coach with a "revitalized" program... over.

And Wallace, for whatever reason, didn't want to play QB anymore. He asked the OSU coaches a week or so ago if he could play WR at OSU and they said they only had room for him as a QB. Enter Dwayne Haskins, as you mentioned.

Haskins has set up perfectly. Obviously OSU was after him (and Guarantano) early but they lost some interest after all of OSU's QB's were still around AND Torrance Gibson stuck with OSU. Now you've got Braxton graduating, Cardale leaving, Torrance maybe sticking at WR and Collier reportedly being passed by Burrows already which could spell transfer. Then you've got Florida, the school Haskins was looking most likely to flip to, flipping Franks from LSU and trying to get Eason from UGA as well (that looks less likely now) for some reason. And Maryland made their new hire but the class never went the way Haskins wanted it to and Mike Locksley not looking likely to be retained for whatever reason is another blow to Maryland's chances of keeping him.

I fully expect OSU to try taking 2 qb's in the 2016 class. Like you said, the one "loaded" depth chart is awfully depleted. The 2017 season could have a depth chart like this should JT leave early:

Burrows

Haskins (should he commit)

Danny Clark (true freshman)

From everything I have read, Clark has looked less than stellar in highschool. I am hoping Urban and them are seeing something nobody else is. I also read that Herman was not real solid on Clark before he left as well.

What's the word on Gibson? Last I heard he wasn't dressing for games because of grades, correct? and there was a chance he could transfer? Is he fully expected to play next year? What will our receiving depth chart look like?

Also, who is filling Washington's spot on the line? I'm guessing Lewis is. I really like Lewis and I can't wait to see what Hubbard can do starting next year.

Gibson is on board, he was having a hard time adjusting to college life. Word is he is NFL caliber at WR already and looked out of this world in practice, just couldn't get his head right. I fully expect a 9-4, 10-3 type year next year. Just simply too much talent leaving. I know the saying is "we don't rebuild, we reload", well we are going to find out just how true that statement is. OSU could be replacing 17 starters from this years squad, that's a ton of experience and talent missing.

You saw the WR depth this year, it was lackluster to say the least outside of Mike Thomas. I don't think it's going to be any better next year, especially if a guy like Jalin Marshal bolts to the NFL, which has been rumored. I think it's a mistake, but I am not Jalin Marshal.

On offense, OSU could return only 2 starters next year, the QB and Guard... There's a lot of spots that will need filled in

Gibson is on board, he was having a hard time adjusting to college life. Word is he is NFL caliber at WR already and looked out of this world in practice, just couldn't get his head right. I fully expect a 9-4, 10-3 type year next year. Just simply too much talent leaving. I know the saying is "we don't rebuild, we reload", well we are going to find out just how true that statement is. OSU could be replacing 17 starters from this years squad, that's a ton of experience and talent missing.

You saw the WR depth this year, it was lackluster to say the least outside of Mike Thomas. I don't think it's going to be any better next year, especially if a guy like Jalin Marshal bolts to the NFL, which has been rumored. I think it's a mistake, but I am not Jalin Marshal.

On offense, OSU could return only 2 starters next year, the QB and Guard... There's a lot of spots that will need filled in

We have a tougher schedule next year, but we will also be playing like we actually have something to prove, unlike this year. I could see us being a playoff contender next year. The biggest question mark in my eyes is going to be how the offensive line preforms. If the O-Line can start off strong without a huge learning curve, I could see us beating Oklahoma. If they struggle much like they did last year against VT when we lost, we could be in for a long few games.