College Football Thread v13.0

bicranium

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does this bowl mania work? How do some of you have so many points? I'm 4 for 4 right now and haven't earned any points

Because it's based on your confidence points. Like I had 35 points on Utah over BYU. So when Utah won, I got 35 points. The more certain you are that a team will win, the more confidence points you assign. For instance, I am most confident about whoever is playing Baylor will win. (I can't even remember who, but I know Baylor doesn't have a QB, so I think they are dead in the water.). So I assigned them 41 confidence points (or whatever was the highest point total you can assign.) if Baylor loses, then I get 41 points.

BTW I was confused at first when I went to make my picks. I didn't know how it worked, so I had to read up on it. Also I thought it was annoying that you had to "move" you picks around to assign them points (versus just being able to click on a drop down menu for points like 1-41).

Because it's based on your confidence points. Like I had 35 points on Utah over BYU. So when Utah won, I got 35 points. The more certain you are that a team will win, the more confidence points you assign. For instance, I am most confident about whoever is playing Baylor will win. (I can't even remember who, but I know Baylor doesn't have a QB, so I think they are dead in the water.). So I assigned them 41 confidence points (or whatever was the highest point total you can assign.) if Baylor loses, then I get 41 points.

BTW I was confused at first when I went to make my picks. I didn't know how it worked, so I had to read up on it. Also I thought it was annoying that you had to "move" you picks around to assign them points (versus just being able to click on a drop down menu for points like 1-41).

I barely got my picks in and am way too lazy to move all the teams around for the confidence points. I remember the last one I did with confidence points it was much easier to assign the points. I went to move one or two around when I made my picks and just nope'd out of it.

Damn it lol how did someone know that?!

Pretty much as soon as Dalton was ruled out and McCarron was moved to starter for Cincy's next game the stat was all over the internet.

Someone on reddit posted this which has every school's last QB to start and win a game in the NFL: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zX59AE3Xy2-o77tkbmYnuZwbeZiD8-8l_2I3NGDNBnU/edit#gid=1918169264

OSU has Pryor in 2013 for Oakland.