College Football Thread v13.0

bicranium

What did i tell everyone years ago and got ridiculed for? Braxton is a high round draft pick at any position other than qb!! Dude is a once in a lifetime type athlete.

Agreed. I think it's a testament to Miller's athletic ability that he was able to play QB as well as what he was. I think about him the same way I think about Michael Vick: Vick was just such an extraordinarily gifted athlete that he could play QB with some proficiency even though he probably shouldn't have been a QB.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reports are coming in that it wouldn't be out of the question for him to go later first round because his showing is so good. Teams don't want to miss him if they wait to second, so might gobble up in later first.

Even talks of him jumping to #1 WR...

Would not be surprised if the Bengals drafted him in the first. Their #2 & #3 WR are free agents. Patriots too, he'd be an upgrade over Amendola.

Exactly, its similar to highschool football. They put the best athlete at Qb and just let him run wild and hope he completes a pass every now and then. Look what a QB with an arm did for Devin Smith, Mike Thomas and even Elliott's careers. It turn all 3 in to 1st/2nd round draft picks.

Another name I keep reading about is Noah Spence. Just think what couldve been had he gotten off the E. Many feelnhes a 1st round pick. The defense would've had:

Bosa- overall #1

Spence: 1st round (many projecting him 1st round)

Apple: 1st round

Washington: Late 1st/2nd round

Bell: 2nd round

Perry: 3-4th round

Powell: 5-6th round

Don't forget Cash who left

Not only nice skills, but I noticed that he is jawing at both of the DBs. I'm not sure why, but that stuck me as different, I guess. I didn't know Braxton was like that? Maybe he is and I didn't see it before. Or maybe it's just really competitive down there and that's how it is. I kind of like to see the fire/intensity in a player.

Couple of thoughts on this;

1: Keep in mind that this IS the same dude who told the world at the beginning of last season that he was the best athlete in all of collage football. His is a humble dude, but he knows what he is, and he has supreme confidence in his ability.

2: Those camps are RIDICULOUSLY competitive. Add to that the fact that he "underperformed" throughout the season and is probably getting told all about how he isn't a real WR/doesn't belong/won't make it in the league...I can see how a guy would have a pretty legit chip on his shoulder. And if I was schooling all these cats, I'd let them know about it too.

I think we will look back and wonder how the fuck Ohio State managed to lose to Michigan State will all of the talent they had at their disposal.

I'm really happy to hear Braxton garnering stellar reviews.

Agreed.

Reports are coming in that it wouldn't be out of the question for him to go later first round because his showing is so good. Teams don't want to miss him if they wait to second, so might gobble up in later first.

Even talks of him jumping to #1 WR...

"With the #4 pick of the 2016 NFL draft the Dallas Cowboys select..."

Hey, I can dream. :)

Not only nice skills, but I noticed that he is jawing at both of the DBs. I'm not sure why, but that stuck me as different, I guess. I didn't know Braxton was like that? Maybe he is and I didn't see it before. Or maybe it's just really competitive down there and that's how it is. I kind of like to see the fire/intensity in a player.

Hard to say since I'm not Braxton, but maybe they were giving him crap all day. Who knows?

Speaking of QB's, Maty Mauk just got dismissed from Mizzou after a video shows him doing cocaine.

So glad he didn't end up here.

The week of National Signing Day is upon us. 2 OSU related announcements tonight...

4* PA DB Damar Hamlin - will probably stay home and go to Pitt but could surprise and pick OSU

4* NJ ATH (DB) Jordan Fuller - will be OSU

Then 1-2 kids between today and Wednesday between these options...

4* JUCO OL Malcolm Pridgeon

3* VA DB K'Von Wallace

3* JUCO DT Jamar King

Also I believe 3* OH ATH Malik Harrison will be a simple signing day announcement for OSU. Fickell fought to get him in the class the same way he did for Darron Lee so it would be cool if he worked out as well because it was part of the reason OSU couldn't find room for 4* FL WR Sam Bruce.

And 3* KY DB Rodjay Burns may be flipping back to Louisville. I'd rather have Wallace than him anyway so hopefully that's how it works out.

Burns decided not to flip back to Louisville so that made Wallace no longer a need.

Pridgeon and Harrison signed today. Everyone is officially in but Victor but that's just a formality. Everything done before 10:15AM. Not bad.

Now we wait to see if there are any fireworks in Ann Arbor over possibly losing Gary to Clemson.

Yeah class is done, on to the 2017 class which on paper looks to be the best class Urban has gotten here at OSU. Right now OSU is the leader or in top 2-3 teams for several 5* and highly ranked 4* guys all over the country.

Corey Smith also got his 6th year of eligibility.

I haven't looked at the roster number, but I believe OSU is over the 85 player limit, which means some attrition is coming. Whether that is via transfers or medical hardships is yet to be seen. One player that doesn't count against the numbers is incoming freshman Dru Christensen, he is gray shirting until January.

Michigan lands the #1 player in the country. I believe they hired his highschool coach as some type of assistant thus helping them land him.

Some tidbits I've read today, this in regards to the early depth chart for 2016

Urban basically giving out the starting depth chart on the radio

-Burrow..#2 QB with expectation that Haskins pushes him

-Ward starting CB

Hooker--safety; Smith vs Burrows for the other one

Booker at OLB, Baker vs Worley at the walk out

Michigan lands the #1 player in the country. I believe they hired his highschool coach as some type of assistant thus helping them land him.

Some tidbits I've read today, this in regards to the early depth chart for 2016

Urban basically giving out the starting depth chart on the radio

-Burrow..#2 QB with expectation that Haskins pushes him

-Ward starting CB

Hooker--safety; Smith vs Burrows for the other one

Booker at OLB, Baker vs Worley at the walk out

Time for some kids to grow up, thats for sure. The team has a ton of potential, we'll see how it pans out.

Florida got Tyrie Cleveland. Today was a good day :cool:

Will be interesting to see how he pans out. I have an A&M friend so I knew he was committed to them early on. Then he decommitted and eventually committed to Tom Herman at Houston. Then over the last couple weeks there was all this talk about Florida, then TCU popped up briefly, but ultimately, Florida. Just a strange recruitment.

Something people didn't expect out of Houston was for them to hold on to 5* DT Ed Oliver. But he signed with them today and it's all official. First ever 5* player to sign with a G5 program. Of course, I believe that's since there has been "G5 programs" which is just a few years.

Also, just since I mentioned my A&M friend, today has basically been hell for him. Texas is absolutely cleaning up today on the recruiting trail. They were somewhere in the 30's or 40's when the day began and are now just outside the top 10. Obviously these kids aren't going to put them into national championship contention this upcoming season but just continue to improve a little bit this year, Strong gets at least one more year and if they're not truly competing for a Big 12 title in 2017 then they'll have to look at getting rid of him.