College Football Thread v13.0

bicranium

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just heard OSU lost a top 2016 recruit but don't know the name/position. Any insight?

Nigel Warrior hasn't committed anywhere, but eliminated Ohio State from his final choices. Down to Tenn, UGA, Bama, LSU

yikes you guys are losing all your starters.

It was expected. A lot of Redshirt Juniors. Bosa and Zeke are the only true Juniors. Cardale has been out of HS for 5 years

Slow down there chief. That haven't even been drafted yet nor played a down in the NFL. Let's wait and see how they pan out in the NFL

I dont think anyone would challenge the statement I made!

They are in fact pro level...and its amazing to see how many we have.

Both facts, both true.

OSU could tie the single school draft record of 14 which was first set in 2004 by... OSU. I think FSU tied it in one of the last few drafts.

Could be prevented if one of the guys who still hasn't declared sticks around. And one of them is supposedly considering it.

Vonn Bell I assume because Mike Thomas just declared as well ha-ha

Bell's parents really want him to stay and get a captaincy. His dad is the CEO of a YMCA district in Georgia and wants Vonn to be more well rounded in life.

Bell's parents really want him to stay and get a captaincy. His dad is the CEO of a YMCA district in Georgia and wants Vonn to be more well rounded in life.

His dad is giving bad advice then...Finishing his degree is not going to make him more "well rounded" its just adding likely unnecessary risk, and captaincy is well, again also irrelevant imo...I could be wrong.

I dont know Vonn's draft projection, but if he is a 1st 2nd round projection his dad needs to realize the income and benefits that he can get now is the best well rounded option. His dad should help guide him through the financial bliss of big time money, OSU isnt going to teach him anything further at this point to give him a better projection.

That communications major or what ever it is will yeild him a very small ROI in the long term, in fact I would venture there could be a negative ROI if he returns got a degree and a blown up ACL... Now if he improves his stock that might give him a higher ROI for returning and a nice piece of free paper, however with a defense of "rookies" next season I wouldn't hedge his stock improving a ton.

Returning experience for OSU isnt as bad as it seems

Returning offensive 11 man starters

1. Pat Elflein

2. Billy Price

3. JT Barrett

Returning offensive players with at least 1 start

4. Dontre Wilson

5. Parris Campbell

Returning offensive "12th man starters"

6. Marcus Baugh

7. Curtis Samuel

Returning 11 man defensive starters.

1. Raekwon

2. Conley

3. Lewis

Returning players with at least 1 start

4. Michael Hill

5. Sam Hubbard

Returning "12th man starters"

6. Damon Webb

7. Marshon Lattimore

The nickel guys are really the only ones I'd consider close to the same level as the 6 true returning starters.

Regardless, I'm excited to watch JT lead the offense with a bunch of young talent around him and Raekwon lead the defense with a bunch of young talent around him. If the team is at least competitive in Norman early next year then improves as the year goes on the same way they improved and came together as 2014 rolled along then they could be very good by the end of the year.

Dontre? Samuel? Hubbard? Baugh? Really?

Dontre is a waste, when did he make and impact?

Samuel is solid, I am excited to watch him, he has good potential.

Hubbard, above average, nothing exceptional.

Marcus, mark him down as lets see, its a coin flip.

Dontre can't stay healthy, even when healthy I would consider him a bust given all the hype that surrounded him coming to Ohio State

Hubbard is a future stud, I believe McShay list him as the #1 DE in the 2017 draft or did at one point.

Baugh looks like an NFL TE, lets see if it translates. Although the TE isn't really used at OSU like I would like for it to be.

Samuel could be really good, depending on how they use him. He's one of those guys who I feel can do so many things, that he doesn't get to do anything very often if that makes sense. He can play RB/WR/H-Back, but so can 7 other guys on the team

Athlon Sports released a way too early top 25 and list OSU at #4. I realistically expect them to be 12-17 pre-season and end up with 3 losses next year. The schedule is not easy and replacing that much talent, like it or not is even harder.

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/very-early-college-football-top-25-2016

Dontre is a waste, when did he make and impact?
A healthy Dontre is at the very least solid. In 9 games in 2014 he had 21 catches for 300 yards and 3 tds, 18 rushes for 100 yards, and very solid PR and KR averages

Hubbard, above average, nothing exceptional.
The coaches think otherwise. So much so that they created a special package throughout the season just to get him on the field. Even more so that they took Bosa off the edge just to get Hubbard on the field in that package.

Marcus, mark him down as lets see, its a coin flip.
Isn't that what we say about every upcoming TE, ever year?