bicranium

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lose at home early, go to playoff.

Lost at home late, go to Fiesta Bowl.

Sigh.

Alabama gets the benefit of the doubt and will continue to get the benefit of the doubt. Alabama should also be glad they had to play Michigan State and not Ohio State.

Ohio state didn't win their division let alone their conference. Perhaps you should be mad at the Buckeyes for epically failing in their biggest game of the season.

Bama lost at home but managed to win their division and the SEC. Not even comparable to the Buckeyes missed playoff appearance.

I mentioned this to some friends watching the game last night even before the "Saban is the GOAT" article hit ESPN but this was his first title without some kind of asterisk by it IMO. And it could still have a small one.

2003 - USC not being in the title game was a sham. #1 in both human polls at end of regular season. I don't know if LSU gets left out or if LSU would have beaten USC but the wrong teams were in the title game.

2009 - Texas loses McCoy on 2nd drive I think? Title goes to Bama by default.

2011 - Bama gets a rematch they didn't deserve.

2012 - Bama gets into a game they wouldn't have been in had OSU not been sanctioned.

Last night the asterisk(s) would be Clemson's best DB not being able to play the 2nd half. Bama had 85 passing yards in the 1st half. 250 in the 2nd. Then the ridiculously bad handling of the clock by the officials at the end of the 1st half. Who knows what Clemson would or could have done with 15 seconds and their timeout. We had seen Watson strike from that far out already. Clemson gets a TD there (low probability) then the TD with 12 seconds left is a likely game winner. Like I said, it's low probability but I can't believe that was able to happen in a national championship game.

Ohio state didn't win their division let alone their conference. Perhaps you should be mad at the Buckeyes for epically failing in their biggest game of the season.

Bama lost at home but managed to win their division and the SEC. Not even comparable to the Buckeyes missed playoff appearance.

Bama won their division and earned their spot in their conference title game thanks to a miraculous play by Arkansas against Ole Miss.

OSU lost their division and didn't earn a spot in their conference title game thanks to a miraculous play by Michigan State against Michigan.

You can boil it down to those 2 plays. Pretty crazy.

Then explain to me how Alabama won the NC in 2011.

Alabama didn't win their conference, let alone their own division. They lost at home -and failed in epic fashion, managing to score all of 6 points - in the biggest game of that season.

Go on, we can't wait for your explanation.

I'm talking about this year. Who gives a fuck what happens in the past. Different metrics apples to oranges.

Your Buckeyes dominated two games his past year( Michigan and notre dame) and squeaked by in a lot of games that should have been blow outs. You lost thee most important game and it cost you.

For everyone crying about 8 team playoff system well you have that in place with conference championship games. Why don't you try to make it there next year and if you win the big ten but get left out then you can start the bitching.

As it sits I think Clemson and Stanford as well as Bama beats OSU without a problem.

Everyone crying for 8 teams makes sense...theres 5 power conferences to begin with. I can't wait for the year that we have 5 power conferences with 1 loss, a team like ND with one loss and some SEC team crying cause they only have 1 loss as well. Then we'll see who's feelings change about 8 teams. So far it's worked out pretty well, although this year could've been better. However, I honestly do not see the playoffs being any better than the BCS, it's still in the hands of humans to decide which 4 teams get in the playoffs. From there you just have a plus 1, which people cried for with the BCS for years.

ESPN's Marc Schlabach who is an absolute idiot has OSU at #12 in his way too early predictions, while having Michigan at #4 LOL.

Some awesome journalism here folks

"The Crimson Tide are losing a ton of talent on defense, along with defensive coordinator Kirby Smart, who was named Georgia's coach. But when hasn't Nick Saban reloaded on that side of the ball?"

"After coming up short in its quest to win back-to-back national championships, Ohio State is going to have major reloading jobs on both sides of the ball. In fact, the Buckeyes might actually take a step back for the first time under coach Urban Meyer. "

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14514317/clemson-tigers-alabama-crimson-tide-lead-2016-way-too-early-top-25

As it sits I think Clemson and Stanford as well as Bama beats OSU without a problem.

LMAO, Buckeyes may not win against all 3, but it's not without problems for any of them, and I'd like our chances. It's shit like this that pretty much makes everyone hate everything you post. However, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

This is the first recognizable championship Bama has ever won, congrats, you're tied with the Bucks.

However, I honestly do not see the playoffs being any better than the BCS, it's still in the hands of humans to decide which 4 teams get in the playoffs. From there you just have a plus 1, which people cried for with the BCS for years.

Yup, it's still a popularity contest when it comes down to it and, thus, largely subjective.

Eight would be better than four, though.

Ohio State slaughters Michigan who slaughters Florida who competed fairly well with Alabama. Ohio State handily beats Notre Dame who Clemson and Stanford both BARELY squeaked by. I see your point though Jive, Clemson, Alabama and Stanford would easily handle the Buckeyes :dumb:

LMAO, Buckeyes may not win against all 3, but it's not without problems for any of them, and I'd like our chances. It's shit like this that pretty much makes everyone hate everything you post. However, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

This is the first recognizable championship Bama has ever won, congrats, you're tied with the Bucks.

This is my point. As far as I'm concerned we each have 1 (more true) national championship, but OSU is still worth more money :lolguy:

Also, the national championship game was down at least 15% from last years. Once again, proves no one gives a shit about last nights game. All it did was prove that the system is still broken and is keeping out a team that's arguably better than either that played last night.

Edited by Panduh

Lose at home early, go to playoff.

Lost at home late, go to Fiesta Bowl.

Sigh.

Alabama gets the benefit of the doubt and will continue to get the benefit of the doubt. Alabama should also be glad they had to play Michigan State and not Ohio State.

Not only that but tOSU lost to the #5 ranked team, and a team that is highly ranked post season. Who did 'Bama lose to again? For that matter, who did MSU lose to again? Not a chance they were the best team and the B1G Championship game showed that.

This is precisely why nobody considers you anything less than a homer for your girlfriends team. At least I can admit tOSU bumbled at the wrong time, but see my above statement. Not the best team in the country. At all.

Then explain to me how Alabama won the NC in 2011.

Alabama didn't win their conference, let alone their own division. They lost at home -and failed in epic fashion, managing to score all of 6 points - in the biggest game of that season.

Go on, we can't wait for your explanation.

Haven't scrolled yet, but bet he has some BS excuse.

I'm talking about this year. Who gives a fuck what happens in the past. Different metrics apples to oranges.

Your Buckeyes dominated two games his past year( Michigan and notre dame) and squeaked by in a lot of games that should have been blow outs. You lost thee most important game and it cost you.

For everyone crying about 8 team playoff system well you have that in place with conference championship games. Why don't you try to make it there next year and if you win the big ten but get left out then you can start the bitching.

:lolguy: Called it. So predictable.

Yup.

Thanks, thought so.

:lol:

Big 12 is now allowed to have a championship game with only 10 teams. Aren't they they reason everyone started really expanding to 12 teams to have a conference championship game?

I think it's BS personally...but it is the NCAA we're talking about.