Garage Lift

C-Mart

• 1 year later...

So it looks like my three options are a two post, four post, and small/portable unit - all have their pros/cons.

4 post is nice because I have more confidence storing a car up top, but bad because it is harder to do work, especially suspension/wheel stuff.

2 post scares me in a residential unit because the concrete thickness is is at the lower range of what they recommend.

Portible units are nice for small jobs, but obviously no storing of other cars.

I think I have decided on a 2 post, but am curious about an idea.

Has anyone made steel plate base extenders that would widen the footprint? I think this would give me peace of mind on the 2 post and tilt the scale for me choosing that. Does anyone see flaws in this idea?

So I figured out what I am going to do.

Picked up a 10k bendpac for a steal and going to weld on lateral supports like the image on the bottom. Peace of mind.

Wider than I was hoping, so I need to play tetris with it so I can still park two cars, but overall very happy with it.

35969571333_cd4f9990db_z.jpg

35969569653_abd20db78b_z.jpg

I have this exact lift and I recommend it... it's been great for me and the price is great.

https://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com/car-storage-lift-car-park-8-parking-lift-8000-lb-p/autolift-car-park-8p.htm

That's a good price, and the addition of drip trays, a jack tray, and ramps for that price makes it look even better.

I almost bought a 4 post, but really dislike not being able to do suspension/wheel work.

Also, my car was designed to drop the motor out from the bottom and I don't think all 4 posts would work for that.

Anybody have experience with the quick jack BL 5000? Or anything similar. Thinking of getting a scissor style lift for my new garage. A two or four post lift isn't possible

I got this one,, works well & you can take wheels off..

http://ezcarlift.com/ezcarlift_features.html

That's a good price, and the addition of drip trays, a jack tray, and ramps for that price makes it look even better.

and 0% interest for 48 months sold it for me :) it's nice that I can move it around anywhere in my garage that I want it to and it works on 110

Most 4-posters include all those. The very expensive option is the rolling hydraulic jack, whether it's manual or pneumatically-operated. Double the price for lifting both ends.

you'd be surprised how little the fact that you can't take off the weeks matters with a 4 post lift. if I have to do brakes, I just use my normal jack but the lift works for everything else that I need. I just prefer the 4 post because I don't really like or trustthe way that 2 post lifts are anchored to the floor... I'm sure it's safe, I just don't trust it, plus I like being able to move my lift if I need to. It provides a lot of versatility.