2016/17 Camaro SS 1LE

caseyctsv

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evidently I heard wrong.. you were right. They have 10's in the front 11's in the rear. I assumed they were all the same size since the tires are 285's on all four. (ZL1 has 305's in the rear)

Yup - ZL1 and 1LE are 10/11 wide. Z28 makes it even more interesting switching out the 20s for 19x10/11 with 305s all the way around.

Annnd then the 2017 GT350 outperforms the LE. Annnd then the 2018 LE performs the .....

Its a good time to be an American muscle fan.

(Then the GT500 crashes the party. Z28 time? This whole interchange makes me happy)

+1 on Ford making odd tire choices.

The ZL1 will be the match for the GT500. The Z28 is hanging out there in the wings - GM wants to put some sort of "special" engine in it but it is not clear there will be a new Z28.

Ford has under tire'd the Mustang for forever in my opinion. I ran a 275mm square setup on my new edge and it was just enough, the stock 245's turned to goo as soon as you tried to have fun with it.

Yet my taurus limited comes with 288hp and 255/45r19s..lol... expensive fuckers and I'm a tire guy.

That would be cool. If they price it right that'd be real attractive.

Given the Z/28's previous price I had no problem understanding why the things languished on dealer lots. Just step up to a vette and save many pennies to boot.

...then there lurks the Caddies while nobody's watching. heh.

I was thinking 4k, but it sounds like it'll be about 4,500.

So that puts a base 1SS with 1LE just at $42,000.

If it can throw up performance with the GT350, it'll be a hell of a car in the 42-50k range.

I still don't like the looks.

Typical GM, try to wallet fuck the customer and wonder why cars don't sell. Then axe them off, try to create a buzz and bring them back "reinvented" but even higher priced. Rinse, repeat.

Typical GM, try to wallet fuck the customer and wonder why cars don't sell. Then axe them off, try to create a buzz and bring them back "reinvented" but even higher priced. Rinse, repeat.

Eh, if you think about it, sadly it's still a great deal.

If it posts up GT350 level performance, for 10k less, what's not to like?

Cars are getting ridiculously expensive. Depressing IMO.

I got a different meaning from this line than you I guess...

in this new 1LE, the price is going to be higher. Not a lot higher, we want to sell a lot of them, but you can expect it to be a little higher than the fifth-gen,”

Man it is great to be a car guy right now.

I do wonder if this approach will backfire because it will increase the price of the already more expensive GT350. GM is trying to hold the price down on the 1LE by making it only available on the 1SS. It will be interesting to see which strategy wins.

I was clicking around in that link - a guy mentioned a TT Voodoo V8 for the GT500?? Is that really a consideration?

No effing way these things will roll out the door for under $50k unless you strip the ever loving bejeezus out of them.

Hell you can't even get an SS *NOW* for under $47k that doesnt suck ass in the option dept.

These will be approaching $60k optioned normally, before markup.

... then wait 9 months and they'll be $2k under sticker. That's when you pounce.

No effing way these things will roll out the door for under $50k unless you strip the ever loving bejeezus out of them.

Hell you can't even get an SS *NOW* for under $47k that doesnt suck ass in the option dept.

These will be approaching $60k optioned normally, before markup.

... then wait 9 months and they'll be $2k under sticker. That's when you pounce.

These will only be available on the 1SS- not the fully optioned 2SS.

In other news: Ford just announced the GT350 is now going to be given the Track pack option as standard for 2017s. Magneto-ride, engine, oil and tranny coolers, blowjob, etc.... With an almost assured bump in the base price. Which will go on sale right after the LEs will hit showrooms.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/02/17/2017-ford-shelby-gt350-mustang-gets-standard-track-pack/

Back to parity excepting rubber.

The GT350 will also get the spoiler from the R, which is purely for looks, and imo not really something I want actually. Which just leaves the rear seat delete, splitter, carbon wheels and some other bibbobs separating it from the R.

We're down to "less-than-one-year" domination at this point back and forth. Crazy times.

EDIT: Wait WHAT? Competition orange is being removed as a color option?!?!??!

FUCK YOU FORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!