2016/17 Camaro SS 1LE

caseyctsv

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure he meant the SS. I don't buy it either way though.

The V8 1LE will outrun the GT350 - there are multiple GM interviews and they are confident they have it covered. The guys talking have seen the performance of the GT350. The GT350R will be quicker. It will be fun to watch.

Keep in mind there are 3 performance trims on gt350. Base and tech, track, and r. I bet it'll beat the base, rival the track due to having better tires, and lose to r.

They'll still pick with Gt350 though, regardless of the numbers.

I certainly like mine but there are days where the seat materials could be better. I do like the look of the perforated Alcantara in the camaro. The GT350 Recaro's look stunning, were it not likely to cost a small fortune I'd consider trying to get a set of those for my car.

http://a38898d4011a160a051fb191.gearheads.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/shelby-gt350r-09.jpg?9939c0

They go for about $2k for the Camaro. I have been tempted a couple of times but that is a lot of cash to replace something that works well enough.

Yep, mine were $1600. I'd bet they cost a good bit more from the Shelby. Mine will do just fine but that better material would be highly appreciated.

The biggest difference in the new Camaro's seats would be the lack of shoulder belt holes. I would guess very few people use them really but they look better at least.

I certainly like mine but there are days where the seat materials could be better. I do like the look of the perforated Alcantara in the camaro. The GT350 Recaro's look stunning, were it not likely to cost a small fortune I'd consider trying to get a set of those for my car.

http://a38898d4011a160a051fb191.gearheads.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/shelby-gt350r-09.jpg?9939c0

looks like something you would put in a honda.

2017 Chevrolet Camaro 1LE Expected To Outperform The Shelby GT350

Mustang versus Camaro, Camaro versus Mustang. It’s an ongoing battle fought at drag strips, stop lights and various road courses across the United States. The latest shots were fired in the Windy City after Chevrolet revealed the 2017 Camaro 1LE in both a V6 variant and traditional V8-powered package.

During our time to chat with Al Oppenheiser, chief Camaro engineer, we got right down to business and asked what everyone wants to know: will the 2017 Camaro SS 1LE outperform the Shelby GT350?

“That’s obviously our intent. I have the answer, but I’ll let the rest of you decide how we did. Our goal is to up the game with our competitor, just like they upped the game with the GT350. Everyone had to expect we would punch back. I will tell you this car is three seconds faster than the previous 1LE. Your readers can go out and make their own conclusions,” Oppenheiser stated in utmost confidence.

It surely sounds like the GT350 is going to have something more to worry about when the 1LE hits the streets later this year, especially knowing the Camaro team benchmarked the hopped up Mustang.

“We’re plowing new ground with the V6 1LE, and for the SS 1LE, our initial target benchmark was the fifth-generation 1LE. But, obviously, Ford came out with their GT350 and we changed our sights. We’re not worried,” he added.

And so the battle continues.

:popcorn:

Curious if they stick with the $3,500 package price or raise it to 4k?

They always come out with better wheel and tire specs than the Mustang, that's for sure.

I have always wondered why Ford short changes the Mustang on the wheel/tire front. That seems like an easy/cheap upgrade for them.

I have always wondered why Ford short changes the Mustang on the wheel/tire front. That seems like an easy/cheap upgrade for them.

You and me both.

No reason the performance package doesn't have 10" wide square setup at minimum, if they want to stagger, a 10/11 like the 1LE would be nice, and some wider/better rubber.

That's the hard part with comparing cars in magazines...