Mustang GT350 vs Corvette Z51 LT2

Mowgli1647545497

Bigger engine, lower curb weight, sleeker lines on the Vette. I'd still rather have the GT350. I never thought 20 years ago we'd be legitimately comparing a mustang to a corvette in side by side comparison but all I can say is "nice job Ford!!". That GT350 will be worth double what that corvette will be in 10 years too.

^When Ford builds a 56k+ 2 seat Mustang to be road raced and it is matched against the Corvette the test is "unfair".

I love the GT350 but it would be tough for me to pull the trigger when it is crowding Corvette pricing. As far as resale, the Corvette is a good play as well - it may not hold quite as much value as the Mustang if Ford keeps the exclusivity it has promised but "half" is laughable.

^When Ford builds a 56k+ 2 seat Mustang to be road raced and it is matched against the Corvette the test is "unfair".

I love the GT350 but it would be tough for me to pull the trigger when it is crowding Corvette pricing. As far as resale, the Corvette is a good play as well - it may not hold quite as much value as the Mustang if Ford keeps the exclusivity it has promised but "half" is laughable.

Ford guys lol.

However these are good times we are in with the pony wars from the manufacturers.

Honestly, I want to see if this motor survives 50k miles.

I'm sure you've read enough on 6G that the common theory is even Ford has held back on this engine a bit by keeping the rpms down and such to keep it safe. The basic engine architecture is of the 5.0 so we know the bottom end is stout. I think it will be fine, maybe not a 150k mile engine but more than 50k unless people are really hammering on the thing relentlessly.