Passat or Legacy and where to buy?

TimTaylor751647545500

Lease is quickly coming due on the Accord (that was a fast 3 years) in a few months and I'm looking for a replacement. I'm leaning towards another lease in a Passat or Legacy but have never owned either. Assuming there's someone that either works for or knows someone that works for one of these dealers in town that can hook me up. Pretty broad strokes here I know, but any input is greatly appreciated.

Tim,

I'm sure things have changed since my Legacy was new (2009), but man...the gas mileage on this thing SUCKS. I track my gas mileage on every tank, and the highest I've ever gotten is 23.8. I drive Easton to Dublin daily, so it's highway, but more stop-and-go highway driving during rush hour...even on a long road trip I think I was ALMOST at 26. Still, that sucks.

Other than that, it's been a great car. No issues (bought at 39k, now at 95k) I've had to address, runs well, never gotten stuck in snow, despite going through some deep areas. Just the AWD kills the mileage.

Edit-

Just looked. I drove to Louisville early October for a bike ride. With my bike on the roof rack (which isn't the best for efficiency), I still only got 22.4mpg for 343 miles.

Go see Chad Sneed at Byers Mazda/Subaru off Billingsley Road.

Chad was fired a couple years ago, last I heard. If you're talking about super mountain bike/ STi, Chad?

I have had far better service at Hatfield Subaru. Ask for Eva or Lorie Glick.

Having owned a Legacy, I'm going to be bias to it. It will not be flashy. It will not get great mpg. It will start every time, forever. It is a very safe car. Put the right tires on it for the time of year, and you never have to worry about the weather, unless there is lava. Basic maintenance is easy to do.

Chad was fired a couple years ago, last I heard. If you're talking about super mountain bike/ STi, Chad?

Having owned a Legacy, I'm going to be bias to it. It will not be flashy. It will not get great mpg. It will start every time, forever. It is a very safe car. Put the right tires on it for the time of year, and you never have to worry about the weather, unless there is lava. Basic maintenance is easy to do.

You're thinking of another Chad. He's on his third STi but not a mountain biker. I've known him for about 3 years now and he was down there as of 3 weeks ago.

I would imagine you can probably get a great lease deal on a Passat with all this bad press, and since you won't own it who gives a fuck about resale.

Legacies are decent cars, traction is great blah blah blah but goddamn I cannot stand the fucking cabin noise in Subarus.

EDIT: I can't attest to Chad, but Sage Worl at Byers Dublin is pretty awesome. We didn't end up getting a WRX, but when my fiancée was looking for a car we worked with him and he was a top-notch salesman.

+1

We bought one car from Eva and ordered another. Even though the ordered car didn't work out I highly recommend her.

Chad Braunbeck is his name.

2nd you drove all the way over to Hatfield for service from your place?

Chad Braunbeck is his name.

2nd you drove all the way over to Hatfield for service from your place?

Even for warranty items, Buyers will never touch my car. Have had two bad experiences with them. Yes, I will drive 35 miles, past two Buyers, to get to Hatfield Subaru.

^just dont expect mag to work with you on the price at all. they seem to stick with as advertised price only and thats all it will ever be.... unless it doesent sell then they will drop the price "lower that we would ever sell the car"

^just dont expect mag to work with you on the price at all. they seem to stick with as advertised price only and thats all it will ever be.... unless it doesent sell then they will drop the price "lower that we would ever sell the car"

He was able to do very well for me when pricing out a New 2015. He just didn't have the 8k mile 2014 that I ended up finding or one close to it to offer me otherwise I'd be a customer.

My wife is on her fourth legacy. She drives them pretty much all highway from Zanesville to Columbus every day. We've only had to do 2 things to any of them besides tires and oil changes. On her second one the ac drain got plugged up inside the cab and got the carpet wet. Byers fixed it and cleaned the wet carpet. This last one needed new wheel bearings a couple of weeks ago. I've never seen the mileage be under 29mpg and she drives her cars pretty hard, it's either gas or brakes. We'll probably be picking up her fifth one some time this year, so I would recommend a legacy to anyone looking for a reliable dd.

Yah, different chad. He's at subaru in colorado now.