Value of ??? 2001 C5, procharger, 11K miles

Jackson1647545504

What would CR offer on car like this?

Cliffs ... looks like old man wanted to hot-rod his corvette ... its now in his son's hands for sale.

------------

The vehicle has 11,600 miles on it with a few tasteful modifications. All work has been done by XXXXXXXXXXXXX . The car dynoed 598hp to the wheels on 5lbs boost, with 91 octane fuel. The car has been well cared for throughout the years. My dad is the original owner but passed away and would rather see it go to a good home instead of sitting in my garage. I am asking $27,000, OBO. If you have any questions give me a call/text at XXXXXXXXXXXX

Modifications:

P1SC pro charger kit, installed at 4,962 miles, running a mild 5lbs of boost.

42lb injectors.

Full exhaust system, long tube headers all the way back to a Borla catback system.

Stage 2 clutch and aluminum fly wheel.

Line lock for burnout box.

Adjustable shocks, great for a smooth ride on the road, then adjust to your settings for the track.

Additional fans for the engine set to turn on at 185 degrees Fahrenheit.

Shift light set for 6800 RPM's

Custom pistol grip shifter/short throw shifter.

Custom built amp and sub box that fits perfect in the trunk with room still left for storage. Also, has an adjustable switch for the bass control on the dash professionally installed.

Comes with car:

Original exhaust.

Original shifter.

DOT drag radials with matching rims for the car.

Two catalytic converters for emissions.

Original air box.

California Corvette Car cover.

Probably forgetting to list a few things.

http://images.craigslist.org/00N0N_h6eMp6Ph2NE_600x450.jpg

Thats interesting, since it's a 2001, and not white, its worth the least of the C5 Zs.

However, super low miles, and mods seem to play into higher Corvette prices.

Doesn't provide brands for anything but the supercharger...

Hard to tell, but low 20s would be the high, IMO.

I wouldn't pay over $20k personally.

Looks like it was built, and raced- and mad tyte bumping sound stuff makes me nervous about the install as I've seen too many that cause problems.

Now that the absolute bottom has been established, we know how to price this vehicle.

Makes me sad to think that my son will be doing a "for sale" ad like that a few times over after I kick the bucket.

"My dad plunked my 529-plan money into airbagging this Lincoln. Now, I have no college edumacation and need to sell this POS to pay rent. Landau top peeling, fake gold wheels need a polish. Asking(begging) for $45k."

Looks like Sam's ole beater...

beat me to it, I posted this in the wrong thread haha

Its a Yellow Z06, which means there is a .0001% that its Sams old vette that made just as many passes as my srt4 did . Wouldn't pay more then 10 for it incase it was his old one :lol:

Mods don't add value IMHO. Look at all the cars FS on tech and everywhere else modded to shit. usually you'll end up getting about what an abused unmodded car will sell for as most people would rather buy a jank car then the mods and add them on themselves. (ask me how I know, I got robbed when I sold my Z28 IMHO)

Makes me sad to think that my son will be doing a "for sale" ad like that a few times over after I kick the bucket.

"My dad plunked my 529-plan money into airbagging this Lincoln. Now, I have no college edumacation and need to sell this POS to pay rent. Landau top peeling, fake gold wheels need a polish. Asking(begging) for $45k."

Shit, the way the economy's going, $45k won't buy a 300k mile Saturn by the time you croak

KBB has it at $21,600 w/ premium sound and handling package.

If I loved it (and wanted Yellow) I'd go $24k max. But it's also a 15 year old car that has probably been driven hard most of and/or sat a lot in those 11,600 miles.

Nice, clear Z06. I will actually be very much in the market for something similar here in a month or two. Thus, I have been exploring pretty much every C5 for sale across the country.

Pro's:

Extremely low miles

Z06

Nice mods

My biggest concerns with this car...

Stock bottom end is very sketchy making that power

Stock transmission even sketchier

Running it on 91 octane

The only real reason this car could possibly see mid 20s is because of the low miles. I've seen cars making similar power with rebuilt bottom ends and T56s selling for $15k to low 20s, but with higher miles on the body. I personally wouldn't buy this car because of the fact that the 2 most expensive modifications were not done for this car to be reliable (motor/transmission).

If he has the stock parts, I would put it back to stock, sell the parts and sell the car stock. You will get similar value because of the low miles, and the person who buys it will buy it because of that reason alone.

Oh come now Clay. You know if he's gonna do it, he's gonna drop the 529 AND ESA money into that Lincoln.... :p

Interesting feedback ... the guy is back on Saturday and I'll go take a look at the car.

If the guy is not insane on price I'll probably make something of a reasonable offer.

I don't really care about the P1 ... I have a brand new YSI in a box next to my desk. When the motor pops I'll use that or see about swapping out to a F1-something.