Is this the 2017 ZL1?

caseyctsv

Not sure about the rear wing. 100% sure it's out of my price range so my opinion doesn't matter.

It's the Internet...OF COURSE your opinion matters. ;)

That pic...man, I can't get over how hard Chevy is trying with the styling of the Camaro. Soooo busy. I saw a new Camaro at CC&C (next to a sea of new Mustangs, including that cement gray GT350) and it's amazing how great the Mustang styling looks in person over the new Camaro.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is still a "hole" in the line-up to compete with the GT350R. The 1LE has the GT350 covered (performance wise we can argue styling and the "value" of the "special engine" but not the performance). Ford will answer the ZL1, I think, with the GT500. The ZL1 is not the GT350R competitor. There is hope, though fading, that Chevy will march out a stripped down track rat Z28 to compete with the GT350R.

Not sure about the rear wing. 100% sure it's out of my price range so my opinion doesn't matter.

Plastic spoilers were never cool, raised up off the car like that. Barf.

It's the Internet...OF COURSE your opinion matters. ;)

That pic...man, I can't get over how hard Chevy is trying with the styling of the Camaro. Soooo busy. I saw a new Camaro at CC&C (next to a sea of new Mustangs, including that cement gray GT350) and it's amazing how great the Mustang styling looks in person over the new Camaro.

Agreed

There is still a "hole" in the line-up to compete with the GT350R. The 1LE has the GT350 covered (performance wise we can argue styling and the "value" of the "special engine" but not the performance). Ford will answer the ZL1, I think, with the GT500. The ZL1 is not the GT350R competitor. There is hope, though fading, that Chevy will march out a stripped down track rat Z28 to compete with the GT350R.

I agree.

I do hate the ZL1 badge on the front and back bumper. I am not sure those would even make it off the lot before I removed them if I bought one

This

Seriously? I get the auto comment but I have no idea how a supposed car guy can hear that clip and say it sounds like crap. I love the supercharger whine...

The question is will this be 640HP, will they keep it below the Z06, or will they up the power. There are rumors it will be more than 640.

apex always trolls the camaro threads. just get used to it or block like I have.

This, and it sounds like shit.

In the second video (No load) the exhaust does sound bad.. Under load (Track ) it sounds awesome.

Love seeing the muscle cars really return with a vengeance (Live rear ends/ forced induction/CF/specialized alloys/ Racing seats/ etc.)

I agree. But our opinions are wrong since the others like it.....

Pretty much, it's the internet. Someone could post a whole hate thread about the Mustang and I wouldn't car one bit. I've felt the way I do about the newer Camaro since it debuted, when I was driving a Pathfinder.

In the second video (No load) the exhaust does sound bad.. Under load (Track ) it sounds awesome.

Love seeing the muscle cars really return with a vengeance (Live rear ends/ forced induction/CF/specialized alloys/ Racing seats/ etc.)

I will concede the car clearly sounds better in the 2nd video posted, sometimes it's just the camera or youtube.

I'm intrigued by the ten speed. Hate the styling, the spoiler, no cross drilled brakes?? Wtf. It will be much more than $59k. Closer to $70k. At which point do you just buy a z06 for more performance, or buck up for the ctsv if you need more seats, and the camaros rear seat sucks. Shit, I'm looking at hellcat chargers too.

I agree too. Hopefulley they will come out with another revision of the N/A Z28

I'm intrigued by the ten speed. Hate the styling, the spoiler, no cross drilled brakes?? Wtf. It will be much more than $59k. Closer to $70k. At which point do you just buy a z06 for more performance, or buck up for the ctsv if you need more seats, and the camaros rear seat sucks. Shit, I'm looking at hellcat chargers too.

Most are saying the ZL1 will be about 60K. I am thinking 65k which will put it right on top of the Hellcat, which I think it will beat in every performance category (previous ZL1 was close and this one is 60 HP stronger and 200 pounds lighter, not to mention the 10 spd auto). It will be fun to watch.

I priced out a 2SS at $54k and left a handful of items on the table still.....Can't imagine a loaded 1LE or still yet a ZL1.

They do offer some nice individual options that Ford only gives in their big packages.

I built a car that I'd order, a 1SS with the brembos, adaptive suspension, and sports exhaust, and it was 7500 more MSRP than my Mustang. $43,500 vs 35,900.

If you remove the suspension and exhaust that aren't available on Mustang, it's still $5,000 more.

I bet the ZL1 will base in the 60s and option over 70.

I priced out a 2SS at $54k and left a handful of items on the table still.....Can't imagine a loaded 1LE or still yet a ZL1.

They do offer some nice individual options that Ford only gives in their big packages.

Keep in mind the 1LE is 1SS only so add 3500-4000 tops to a 1SS and that should be the 1LE pricing. I think the ZL1 will be 60-65k with very limited options - they came loaded before.

x1000.

$33k Kia Sportage LOL.

$27k Honda Civic LOL.

The Depreciation Game throws used cars down where their value truly needs to be. New cars LOL.

You want really crazy? 60k trucks and 75k Suburbans! I am with you on new cars - I have not bought a new car in 10+ years.

Speaking as someone who's been pricing Z06's for a bit, you ain't finding a c7 for anywhere near $70k that ain't trashed. I wish.

Speaking as someone who's been pricing Z06's for a bit, you ain't finding a c7 for anywhere near $70k that ain't trashed. I wish.

I'm just telling you from my personal perspective--which other people may or may not share---if I'm pricing out a $70k camaro, the jump to a $90k brand new z06 is probably what I would end up doing as opposed to buying a $70k camaro.

At $59k, the camaro seems more reasonable

Show me where a previous gen zl1 comes close to a hellcat, for those of you saying this will eclipse the hellcat in terms of straight line performance---which is the only reason to buy this type of car

I'm just telling you from my personal perspective--which other people may or may not share---if I'm pricing out a $70k camaro, the jump to a $90k brand new z06 is probably what I would end up doing as opposed to buying a $70k camaro.

At $59k, the camaro seems more reasonable

Oh I totally agree with this. Is the main reason I've jumped from pricing GT350s and Camaros over to looking at Corvettes. Because F paying $70k for a GT350 or Camaro of any model.

Now its being honest about what I REALLY need. Do I *really* need that Magnetic suspension, Z51 package or Z06 in my DD?

As I'm learning, aside from the benefit of upfront pricing, if I plan to mod it in the future, then starting from the non-eLSD and non-Z51 package car is the more cost effective option, as well as having the most ceiling for improvement tankiness for abuse.

Heated/cooled seats though... yeah gotta have those. I'm getting older