Zero turn won't start

Mojoe

This is a different vid, but mine is doing the same thing. Battery is charged. Stayed on a tender all Winter. Hooked it up to a charger and it read charged. Probably going to put in new plugs, but I think they are new last year when I did a tune up on everything. It might be the ignition coil. The zero turn is a 2008. Anything I might be over looking?

Thanks

Our riding mower sounded like that when the battery went bad. Still would read high enough voltage but didn't have enough amps to start it. The battery tender boiled all the water out of it over the winter.

New battery was the fix. While trouble shooting, it went from the sound in the vid, to a chugging sound. Advanced auto parts sells "used" battery's that are new, but have been on the shelf over 18 months. $20 fix and I'm back in action.

Thanks for the input guys. Batteries be batteries, read good, but actually not good.

Just sounds like the starter is stuck from sitting around over the winter. We have had issues with that before. You might need to replace the starter but you can also try hitting the starter with something to break it loose, sometimes that's all it needs.

12v battery charger could help in the future. Even when my John Deere battery was bad I could use that to start it.

It was put on a 12v charger. Fast charge, and jump start settings. It read the battery was charged. It just did have the cranking amps anymore, I assume. I'll take a $20 fix any day.

Just sounds like the starter is stuck from sitting around over the winter. We have had issues with that before. You might need to replace the starter but you can also try hitting the starter with something to break it loose, sometimes that's all it needs.

It started right up with the new battery.

It was put on a 12v charger. Fast charge, and jump start settings. It read the battery was charged. It just did have the cranking amps anymore, I assume. I'll take a $20 fix any day.

It started right up with the new battery.

Weird. Maybe my old LT155 required less power so using the charger for 20 min then cranking it would work. At least the fix was pretty cheap