Had to double check the publication date..

Draco-REX

Corvette wagons as concept cars go all the way back to 1954 with the nomad show car. Corvette wagons as vehicles sold to the public go back to the 1960's with many companies offering conversion kits:

http://www.greenwoodcorvettes.com/Other%20customs/Sportwagons/wagonMillerleftrear.jpg

If there is one consistent complaint about corvettes (at least old ones anyway) it is that they didnt have enough storage as compared with other sports cars in the same price range. I think there has been a wagon conversion concept made for every generation of corvette. I don't know who the people are that buy them, but there must be a market. The C3 was the most popular and well known so as we get into people who are nostalgic for those cars it's not a surprise that stuff like this comes back.

/thread.

The point of this thread isn't that it existed as an idea already. Yes, we did all know that. The point is that it is a reality, now. So, no. No /thread. Unless you have no interest. Then, yes. /thread for you.

The point of this thread isn't that it existed as an idea already. Yes, we did all know that. The point is that it is a reality, now. So, no. No /thread. Unless you have no interest. Then, yes. /thread for you.

Cool story.

so considering callaway's history of aerodynamics, is there an actual aerodynamic principle that would give this design any kind of advantage?

or is it literally just to be different and so the drummer of <insert 80's hair metal band here> can get his drums to practice.

so considering callaway's history of aerodynamics, is there an actual aerodynamic principle that would give this design any kind of advantage?

or is it literally just to be different and so the drummer of <insert 80's hair metal band here> can get his drums to practice.

Im sure there is ....I mean they did this for similar reasons I though

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2010/06/superformancecoupefdlead17.jpg

Cool story.

And informative!

Im sure there is ....I mean they did this for similar reasons I though

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2010/06/superformancecoupefdlead17.jpg

Yep, for aerodynamic reasons. I love Kamm tails, too. Kammback. Whatever you wanna call it.

I wonder if they did or will actually wind tunnel test the shape?

I wonder if they did or will actually wind tunnel test the shape?

all the articles say they predict a slight decrease in drag coefficient so probably no actual testing yet. I am sure they will probably test it at some point and then either publish the results or keep it secret.