727HP Mustang for 40K?

l36tols1

I'd buy a barely used GT and put the blower on myself and have the same setup for 6-7k cheaper

No you wouldn't. You would buy the blower, sit on it for a couple months, then decide to not install it, and turn around and sell the blower for few hundred bucks more then you paid.

And do it again 6 months later. And again another 6 months later.....

:gabe:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading here and on their website my first thought is what supporting mods would still need to be added?

Totally depends on what you plan to do with the car.

For a street car that will occasionally do a roll race it would be fine without any thing else done.

If you're going to launch it on the drag strip with sticky tires you're going to need parts to solve the wheel hop and half shafts.

I would want the oil pump gears changed but lots of people are fine without doing them. The stock brakes and rear end are fine in either case.

i'm tempted

very tempted

5.0 bros, what other options would you add to this car from the roush/ford catalog that the dealer could install. i literally don't want to do anything other than write a check

Depends on what you want to do with it.

I'd think the ford full suspension kit (shocks/struts, springs, sways) and the performance pack 6 piston front brakes.

Or you can start with a performance pack car, $2500 has the 6 piston brakes, Torsen rear with 3.73, upgraded suspension, larger radiator, different stability and TC programming, staggered wheels, summer tires etc.

The problem with the Torsen/3.73 on a supercharged car, most prefer the 3.55 or 3.31 for longer in boost situations, and better 1/4 mile abilities in 4th gear vs 5th. Hoblick is switching to a 3.31 because of this.

That is simply the stock subframe with the bushings replaced. Unless you have a damaged subframe it's pointless.

Even if you had a damaged one a factory replacement and the bushings are probably cheaper.

Quite a few of the Ford Racing parts are utter ripoffs.

That is simply the stock subframe with the bushings replaced. Unless you have a damaged subframe it's pointless.

Even if you had a damaged one a factory replacement and the bushings are probably cheaper.

Quite a few of the Ford Racing parts are utter ripoffs.

Yeah BMR Cradle Lockout is the same thing right? And it's $200 all day long everywhere. Still pissed I can't use it because vert.

Yeah BMR Cradle Lockout is the same thing right? And it's $200 all day long everywhere. Still pissed I can't use it because vert.

A little different from the lockout which just supports the stock bushings.

This is equivalent to Hoblicks setup where the diff and cradle bushings are cut out then replaced.

Depends on what you want to do with it.

I'd think the ford full suspension kit (shocks/struts, springs, sways) and the performance pack 6 piston front brakes.

Or you can start with a performance pack car, $2500 has the 6 piston brakes, Torsen rear with 3.73, upgraded suspension, larger radiator, different stability and TC programming, staggered wheels, summer tires etc.

The problem with the Torsen/3.73 on a supercharged car, most prefer the 3.55 or 3.31 for longer in boost situations, and better 1/4 mile abilities in 4th gear vs 5th. Hoblick is switching to a 3.31 because of this.

i'm going to bench race on car forums with my dyno sheet, maybe take it to the drag strip once or twice in five years, and rev the shit out of it at car shows, possibly run a shit load of people over while showing off at the end of said car show. every once in a while, i'll roll race minivans and hondas on the freeway.

probably going to go with an auto. damn i wish they had a better auto in these things.

i'm going to bench race on car forums with my dyno sheet, maybe take it to the drag strip once or twice in five years, and rev the shit out of it at car shows, possibly run a shit load of people over while showing off at the end of said car show. every once in a while, i'll roll race minivans and hondas on the freeway.

probably going to go with an auto. damn i wish they had a better auto in these things.

Then call em up and cut the check already. :)

It's not a DCT but there is nothing wrong with the autos.

It takes a little bit to understand how the modes work but once you do you can lock it into paddle only mode for twisties, or let it shift itself for better straight line times.

if its a manual car.. clutch, half shafts, driveshaft, are a must.

if auto, pull off lot, throw drag radials on, go directly to drag strip, run low 10s.

the auto cars have been low 10s on stock suspension, stock trans, stock halfshafts, stock driveshaft.

honestly the only things that would help it would be a circle d converter. then it would be really low 10s on drag radials.

this car made high 600rwhp, stock block, stock trans, stock DS and Half shafts

if for some reason i ended up with a 2nd mustang, it would be an auto, and it would either get a whipple or a TT kit. and it would be a low 10, high 9 sec car. and probably not have to make much more power than my stick car makes.

No you wouldn't. You would buy the blower, sit on it for a couple months, then decide to not install it, and turn around and sell the blower for few hundred bucks more then you paid.

And do it again 6 months later. And again another 6 months later.....

:gabe:

Maybe someday I'll actually install one :masturboy:

The warranty is the same as if you bought the kit yourself. You're really only getting the good deal on the labor.

Buying a base car fr 32 + 7k blower + installing yourself = same exact car with same exact warranty. You just have to run the tune that comes with the kit. Custom tune voids warranty

The warranty is the same as if you bought the kit yourself. You're really only getting the good deal on the labor.

Buying a base car fr 32 + 7k blower + installing yourself = same exact car with same exact warranty. You just have to run the tune that comes with the kit. Custom tune voids warranty

and the roush tune leaves a lot to be desired

I take back the labor part. You're still paying for the labor. This isn't a fantastic deal like everybody thinks, just great marketing. Sure you're able to finance the cost of the blower with the car but they'd do that anyway if you asked.

I take back the labor part. You're still paying for the labor. This isn't a fantastic deal like everybody thinks, just great marketing. Sure you're able to finance the cost of the blower with the car but they'd do that anyway if you asked.

only thing is, only roush dealers can offer this.

there is one other dealer that is doing the same thing, can't remember the name off the top of my head. but they are cornering the market on this.

like stated above they are selling them as fast as they can put them together.

AAANNNDDDD.... right now Ford has pretty decent financing rates going on.

if there were any 15s left over, they are 0% for 72 months.

i think 16s are 1.9% for 60 or 0% for 48 right now

Not sure about the roush dealer thing.. They're just taking the roush kits at the same price anybody can buy them and installing them, factoring all that into the cost of the car.

I don't see why it would be any different than if I took a car into a dealer and had them install a blower kit for me.

Nobody is paying 32k for a base GT...I'd bank of 30k at most (all pre tax).

Yep.

only thing is, only roush dealers can offer this.

there is one other dealer that is doing the same thing, can't remember the name off the top of my head. but they are cornering the market on this.

like stated above they are selling them as fast as they can put them together.

AAANNNDDDD.... right now Ford has pretty decent financing rates going on.

if there were any 15s left over, they are 0% for 72 months.

i think 16s are 1.9% for 60 or 0% for 48 right now

They do 0% a few times a year.

Quoted from a GM of a Ford dealer from another forum:

This isn't a crazy good, too good to be true, deal. Sorry to burst your guys' bubble, it's just not.

The dealer is making the same money off of this package as he would be if he was just selling a stock one.

A base GT automatic MSRP is $34,395. Invoice is $32,309.68. There's a $750 rebate, and $1,005 in hold back. Brings it down to $30,554.68. A Phase II supercharger installed at cost is $8,300. Thus, they have $38,854.68 in it..making $1,100.

I'd do these all day for guys lol

There ya have it