I should have died, 10 years ago today

coltboostin

I'm glad you made it uninjured and hope you learned a lot from this accident but I am imagining every single one of those trucks you went flying past at 150+ mph looking at you along side of the road while shaking their heads and saying "dumbass" in there best Red Foreman voice (the dad on That 70's Show" lol

Quite the opposite. I was calm, poised, even focused trying to keep it straight and slow it down. I remember the whole thing like it was yesterday, and I remember not being scared, just being focused on keeping it out of the ditch and away from the poles.

Large amount of adrenaline will do that do your memory. I've had a few very close calls in the past (none quite as dumb as what you attempted) and I can remember every detail of the events.

+Juan?

Surely its not too soon is it?

BTW....That was impressive....Fastest I have been is sbout 151 on 2 wheels and 161 in that barn door in my avatar....and I know I felt like I was cooking...I couldn't imagine doing it around traffic. Things used to come up really fast on the bike at just 120-130 and I almost misjudged a semi one time a click above 140.....I no longer ride sport bikes on the street....Too many moving obstacles...and frankly Im not that good of a rider to miss them if I make a minor error in judgement at that speed.

JP, I remember the video/crash and can't believe it's been 10 years already. I'm glad you're still with us.

Me too brotha. You, me, and many of us have been in some shit over the years! Happy we made it out the other side.

Do you have any aftermath photos?

I do, but they are stuck on an old computer town in storage

Aerodynamics... Rear bumper basically worked like a parachute. May not have happened if the car were, at the very least, lowered.

Had some aero work- just not enough. Rear bumper was cut out. Car was lowered. Front air damn (as you can see int he pics) I think created some good FRONT downforce. With no rear and NO weight in the rear, it was only a matter of speed. It felt like someone picked the rear end off the ground. I literally turned the car into an airfoil. I think a solid rear wing would have prevented this, but I doubt I will ever test that theory.

Lucky to be alive bro!

What is this shit embedded in the video during the flip?

http://i.imgur.com/GHCGL86.jpg

It wasn't faked, and that may be the creepiest part.

So this was a mini video tape recorder (2006 remember) and he was recording over video of a party they had. At the party, they had "jungle juice" container they dubbed "the beast". Evidently when he (and the camera) where banging around the car when I was hitting the wall (3 strikes) it momentarily bounced the tape to a different part of the video.

Can you imagine what went though my head when we watched this after fact, all wonder if we saw what we though we saw, and stopped it on that shit... on 666?!?!? I cant even make this shit up.

Crazy stufffff, glad you made it and others were not hurt. Yes, indeed incredible you and the colt. I would have never believe the stuff you did for the low cost, but backed it up and proved it time after time. Glad you are still with us. Edited by RS69

It wasn't faked, and that may be the creepiest part.

So this was a mini video tape recorder (2006 remember) and he was recording over video of a party they had. At the party, they had "jungle juice" container they dubbed "the beast". Evidently when he (and the camera) where banging around the car when I was hitting the wall (3 strikes) it momentarily bounced the tape to a different part of the video.

Can you imagine what went though my head when we watched this after fact, all wonder if we saw what we though we saw, and stopped it on that shit... on 666?!?!? I cant even make this shit up.

That's like 11/10 creepy.

I feel like I should repent for just talking to you now. :lol:

I am shocked at 200 it looks that good honestly , I expected mich wors.. did you salvage the engine or anything else from it?

Yes.

I was able to sell the usable parts and about break even on it all. :) The car was bought form the junkyard for $200, and that was the only thin I could not sell.

And yes, as bad as I though it looked that day, in retrospect...I have seen MUCH worst from MUCH slower speeds.

to note I did a lot of "driving" even when I was spinning around. I was super focused actually, remember every second of it. Thank Adrenalin for that i suppose. I remember immediately thinking were going to flip.....then when we didn't thinking I have to keep it straight as possible......so I tried to hold it straight even when backwards. After the first hit..it wanted to shoot across thew highway and I had to manhandle it back straight,,and left. To the right was a large ditch and trees that had flip city written all over it. The car was 100% wrapped around the cage.

A lot of luck, a little skill, and a guardian angel for sure.

• 2 weeks later...