Exhaust install in Columbus?

Diamonds

Just got a new car. Actually, it's more of a prop for TacPack.

Anyhow, we bought an exhaust for it and we want to take it to a good place that will do the job right. Suggestions?

It's a little more involved than I'd prefer or I'd do it myself. Have to remove the rear bumper etc.

Bob, we have two great sponsors here on CR that I would recommend. See either Lucore Automotive or Dozzers Garage. Both are great shops.

Just got a new car. Actually, it's more of a prop for TacPack.

Anyhow, we bought an exhaust for it and we want to take it to a good place that will do the job right. Suggestions?

It's a little more involved than I'd prefer or I'd do it myself. Have to remove the rear bumper etc.

Your garage floor?

Are you stupid or just fucking retarded?

If you change your mind on doing It yourself your welcome to come do it at the garage with use of the lift.

I really do appreciate the offer!

I think "working on this car" is above my pay grade though.

EDIT - I am not qualified to do the job. ^^^

Edited by Diamonds

Be Bob: too big-time to work on cars, balk at $800 bill for custom exhaust work. ;)

I understand where you're coming from, dawg...I see the point where I'm over wrenching (2 kids, career, side businesses, civic activities), but I'm just not there myself yet.

Be Bob: too big-time to work on cars, balk at $800 bill for custom exhaust work. ;)

I understand where you're coming from, dawg...I see the point where I'm over wrenching (2 kids, career, side businesses, civic activities), but I'm just not there myself yet.

I wasn't saying I was above the install. I was saying that the install was above me.

sidebar - If someone charges 800 dollars to install an exhaust they need to be shot.

I wasn't saying I was above the install. I was saying that the install was above me.

Just busting your chops. You mentioned possibly removing a bumper.

sidebar - If someone charges 800 dollars to install an exhaust they need to be shot.

I've been wrenching for friends this spring/summer in the evenings after my family is settled, because of the following shop quotes:

- 2002 VW Eurovan rusted exhaust - $1000 (Rockauto kit was $172)

- 2007 Odyssey - rear wheel bearings - $800 (RA was $120 for Chinese bearings, van has 172k miles and is getting traded in next year)

- 2007 Odyssey - front struts, rear shocks - $1000 (RA was $240 for front/rear)

- 2006 Tacoma - $230 to install step-side bars

- 1998 Merc E320 - alternator/belt/tensioner - $1200 (RA was $300)

- 2004 Silverado - Starter/filters/belts/oil change - $460 (RA was $120)

The quotes I turned away recently:

$1700 for A/C compressor/recharge - I don't have the equipment.

$3500 for a rebuilt transmission R&I - Couldn't easily source a trans.

So yes, we have some great shops/people close to CR. The rest of society - especially around higher-end neighborhoods (unsurprisingly) - frequently gets reamed for repair work.

On my vert I had to remove all the bracing under the car before removing the resonator and rest. It took me 3.5 hrs to do it on my back and I didn't rush it, took some pics and documented the install as I had not seen a documented install for a vert yet. I put it up on mustang6g.com for others.

1700.00 to install an exhaust. They sent it as a quote via email. I almost passed out from laughter/disbelief.

Go to Dozzer. He did exhaust on two of my cars and my jaw dropped at the price (in a good way).

1700.00 to install an exhaust. They sent it as a quote via email. I almost passed out from laughter/disbelief.

Told you.

That's how shops make me richer through my UA friends. Paid for my air-ride suspension kit for the Lincoln just in the past 6 weeks. :lol:

I just cant imagine that labor to install an exhaust would top 2-3 hrs at maybe 100-150/hr?

I was responding to the above saying it will take some time, which sounds like it will take more than he or I thought.

This is not just some bracing that has the come off for the car. You literally need to pull off the entire rear end including bumper, tail lights, crash bar etc.

Sounds like you'll want to buy a 5g-6g Mustang with aftermarket exhaust already installed.

Bob, make sure you sweep your garage floor before you do the exhaust yourself, to keep your back clean. :gabe:

HA, I'm not doing it!