Jeep (LOL for the haters) Pickup coming soon?

Otis Nice

http://www.quadratecchannel.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/news/trucka.jpg?itok=UdpXA8mp

Spy photo's and article.

FCA has said they expect the vehicle to begin production at its Toledo, Ohio, facility sometime late in 2017, with an official unveiling early in 2018. The vehicle should be on the showroom floor by summer 2018.

I don't care what anyone says. 10/10. Would drive.

I know it wont be available...but I'd love to see it offer an 8-ft bed, single cab, stickshift.

I heard Ram is looking to offer a mid-size pickup/SUV...maybe this will be the chassis?

You can get that now, it's called the JK8 kit and you buy it through Chrysler. It's like $6k for the kit and not an 8ft bed, but there are guts using unlimited chassis and stretching the bed to make it longer.

There have been rumors of a jeep pickup for a long time now, to replace the missing Dakota in mopars lineup. No matter if ram gets a derivative or not I think the goal is to release a wrangler pickup.

I have been secretly lusting for a quad cab frontier pro-4x pickup because I believe it to be the last midsized truck with off road cred you can get in a stick and a quad cab - if this comes out I may have to change my tastes.

Just don't get having a pickup with a 4 or 6 foot bed. My friends had a party this last weekend and they both have really nice full size pickups. I had to go get the 10- 8 foot tables in my Suburban as they did not fit in their trucks. Now, they could have left the tailgate down and strapped them in but I carried them INSIDE the Suburban.

Just don't get having a pickup with a 4 or 6 foot bed. My friends had a party this last weekend and they both have really nice full size pickups. I had to go get the 10- 8 foot tables in my Suburban as they did not fit in their trucks. Now, they could have left the tailgate down and strapped them in but I carried them INSIDE the Suburban.

I agree, with what I would use a truck for. However, Jeep is long known for being a trail vehicle. Short bed stays with that capability, where a longer bed would possibly hinder some trail experiences. I don'r see jeep trying to take of the full size truck market.

I agree, with what I would use a truck for. However, Jeep is long known for being a trail vehicle. Short bed stays with that capability, where a longer bed would possibly hinder some trail experiences. I don'r see jeep trying to take of the full size truck market.

Doesn't stop the Toyota Tacoma guys from off roading with a useable bed.

The thing a jeep pickup would NEED to be able to do is carry a motorcycle. Not a full dress HD but at least a fullsize dirt bike. That's the real value of a wrangler pickup over a regular wrangler with the back seat taken out and a shorty hard top and partition. If it can't do that, might as well buy an unlimited, a shorty top, and save the pickup premium - that way at least it could be converted back to a 4 seater.

I will definitely been watching this. I love my 2-door Wrangler, but miss my Ram sometimes. Once my Wrangler is paid off in 2 years, I will probably be looking for a truck again. I will be interested in seeing what the towing capabilities will end up being.

You can get that now, it's called the JK8 kit and you buy it through Chrysler. It's like $6k for the kit and not an 8ft bed, but there are guts using unlimited chassis and stretching the bed to make it longer.

I have been secretly lusting for a quad cab frontier pro-4x pickup because I believe it to be the last midsized truck with off road cred you can get in a stick and a quad cab - if this comes out I may have to change my tastes.

I know about the kits...but to your point it doesn't get an 8ft bed. I love Cleetus, but the idea of a more modern Cleetus with A/C and modern reliability wrapped in a Jeep bow is a really attractive option.

Jalopnik was mentioning how well the Frontier still sells well in 2016, despite being a 12-year old chassis. My FiL has an '08 Pathfinder (same chassis) and it is a really nice platform.

^^^Casey gets it. F**king sheeple financing/leasing dresser trucks with no bed volume LOL.

Please put a real motor in this.

After driving back-to-back Wrangler Unlimiteds back in '12(?) at a dealership when they changed from the 3.8L 210hp V6 to the Pentastar 3.6L 283hp V6...I have to say it's a heck of a powerplant. Sounds like a Turbo-4 and/or diesel plant is in order in the '18 Jeeps which I would be interested in learning more about.

After driving back-to-back Wrangler Unlimiteds back in '12(?) at a dealership when they changed from the 3.8L 210hp V6 to the Pentastar 3.6L 283hp V6...I have to say it's a heck of a powerplant.

Having owned a 13 Wrangler unlimited, with the pentastar and 6 sp... I have to say it's utterly and totally a meh powerplant. Felt like I was in a minivan, not a jeep. I can't imagine a turbo 4 would help things.

I know about the kits...but to your point it doesn't get an 8ft bed. I love Cleetus, but the idea of a more modern Cleetus with A/C and modern reliability wrapped in a Jeep bow is a really attractive option.

^^^Casey gets it. F**king sheeple financing/leasing dresser trucks with no bed volume LOL.

So in 25 years you might buy a used one? Jeeps are tater expensive, add pickup tax to that and i'll be intrigued on the price with good options.

I wouldn't call a 6.5ft bed no volume...

Having owned a 13 Wrangler unlimited, with the pentastar and 6 sp... I have to say it's utterly and totally a meh powerplant. Felt like I was in a minivan, not a jeep. I can't imagine a turbo 4 would help things.

I bet it would feel better with comparable tq (not knowing the route their going with). Same tq as 3.6, but available at 1500 rpms, and better gas mileage? Sounds like a win win for 90% of owners. And tuning potential?

I have been secretly lusting for a quad cab frontier pro-4x pickup because I believe it to be the last midsized truck with off road cred you can get in a stick and a quad cab - ...

There is the Tacoma.

From that view, the proportions seem terrible. Hopefully better with no camouflage and production etc.

Yeah. I think they just threw a sectioned or maybe stock Ram bed on the thing...In one of the article pics the bed is WAY off at the rear wheels and the rest looks all too familiar.

I could handle something that looked like this.

http://drivingline.prd.s3.amazonaws.com/media/articleimages/2015/09/jeep-wrangler-double-cab-brute-aev-ebay.jpg

Keep the back section on the cab make the roof completely removable and still have removable doors.

I know about the kits...but to your point it doesn't get an 8ft bed.

I have seen at least 2 where guys used the JK8 kit plus an 8' stepside box to make a full size bed pickup. the overhang is massive in the rear (looks goofy) but they did it haul sheet rock and motorcycles plus gear so no real heavy hauling. Looked on the interwebs for pics and didn't see any, but saw this guy who did a stepside TJ with bed from a '40s pickup (8 foot bed):

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc163/jscherb/retro/RetroWranglerHT2.jpg

AEV brute cab close out metal and he used a wrecked LJ frame to add 22" to the stock LJ frame to support the bed. It's simple enough that probably anybody with basic welding skills could do.

I love Cleetus, but the idea of a more modern Cleetus with A/C and modern reliability wrapped in a Jeep bow is a really attractive option.

except for the jeep and the manual trans part isn't that just a new F-150 2wd longbed? they are like $26K for a 2wd base model with a 3.5 v6.

Also how is cleetus unreliable? the only things that seem to be failing are the aftermarket stuff on it (wheel spacers, floor shifter, and trans bearing because lowered to the ground).

I could handle something that looked like this.

http://drivingline.prd.s3.amazonaws.com/media/articleimages/2015/09/jeep-wrangler-double-cab-brute-aev-ebay.jpg

Keep the back section on the cab make the roof completely removable and still have removable doors.

I would rock that for sure