Anyone know place for Receiver Repair?

TTQ B4U

Tried Stereo Lab near campus but they said they don't work on Onkyo.

Have one that's 10-15yrs old that seems to have blown a fuse or something. May attempt to look at it but I'd be guessing.

Anyone here do this or know someone? Just went to power it up for the kids and it's standby light is on but it won't power up.

Thanks!

http://www.audiowright.com

Go see John great guy if he can't fix it.....

Thanks. John and the other fellow are cool. Downside is that they are like 6-7 weeks backed up on work!

I gave them the $65 and receiver to check out though. It's a spare unit from the lower level game room. Kids can deal without surround sound until I get final word. If they can't fix it or it's too much money, I'll buy a new one for upstairs and rotate the current one to the basement. Labor Day Sale for Daddy maybe :p

Save

Thanks. John and the other fellow are cool. Downside is that they are like 6-7 weeks backed up on work!

I gave them the $65 and receiver to check out though. It's a spare unit from the lower level game room. Kids can deal without surround sound until I get final word. If they can't fix it or it's too much money, I'll buy a new one for upstairs and rotate the current one to the basement. Labor Day Sale for Daddy maybe :p

Save

Craigslist and gadget ease may have used ones for 65.

• 2 months later...
http://www.audiowright.com

Go see John great guy if he can't fix it.....

Just a follow up.....John is a great guy and his employee, Mike is the one who actually did the repair. Top notch guys and the fix was only $95 total. Two fo the buttons Video 1 and Video 2 were stuck in the depressed / on mode.

I suspect my son or a friend kicked it or hit it with something while playing the basement. Lesson learned.

All in all I'm glad you suggested these folks. Saved a $1k receiver for not much coin.

Thanks!

Just a follow up.....John is a great guy and his employee, Mike is the one who actually did the repair. Top notch guys and the fix was only $95 total. Two fo the buttons Video 1 and Video 2 were stuck in the depressed / on mode.

I suspect my son or a friend kicked it or hit it with something while playing the basement. Lesson learned.

All in all I'm glad you suggested these folks. Saved a $1k receiver for not much coin.

Thanks!

Got a Mcintosh Receiver coming his way in the not to distant future. Will report back.

Got a Mcintosh Receiver coming his way in the not to distant future. Will report back.

NOt sure what the current back-log is there but it took them 6-7 weeks to get to mine. I was okay with it but just letting you know it could take a while.

NOt sure what the current back-log is there but it took them 6-7 weeks to get to mine. I was okay with it but just letting you know it could take a while.

No immediate need, more or less a Family Heirloom I'd like to get fixed. Again.

If it gets fixed right, for the right price, I have no issue waiting.