Detached Garage/Polebarn kits/contractor recommendations

sol740

We sold our house and are about to close on our next home that sits on five acres with an attached 2 car. First project is to finish the basement so the kids have a hangout area, and then the next project will be a nice detached work area for me, hopefully with a 2 post at some point. I've done a bit of research and the pricing seems to fluctuate pretty wildly. Any recommendations/experiences on what company or contractor to use? What about the kits you see like Versatube, or prefab? I'm not looking for anything fancy, just an additional 2-4 car setup.

I am in the same boat. I have got a few quotes from builders. I think I am going to custom build one with menards and order during the 11% rebate. 40x60 with 12 ft high walls 2 16x10 garage doors, one man door, 2 windows, 1' overhang on all sides is around 11k. Find some amish to install for 3k.

Add in concrete and electric.

jesus rob can you guys make up your mind on a home lol you just moved a few years ago!

Where to now?

Haha, it's been 6 or 7 years man! I think we have found "home" though. It's just a bit north of where we were, but no more neighborhood BS. Woot.

I am in the same boat. I have got a few quotes from builders. I think I am going to custom build one with menards and order during the 11% rebate. 40x60 with 12 ft high walls 2 16x10 garage doors, one man door, 2 windows, 1' overhang on all sides is around 11k. Find some amish to install for 3k.

Nice, I'll have to check out the Menard's deal.

Not sure where he got the Kit, but my Dad just did this, including the Amish! :lol:

All said and done, he has ~ $20k in it. That included the building, poured concrete floor, insulation, interior walls, wiring and lights, and the Labor to have the building constructed.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

Not really, but better quality.

No, they are cheaper... they provide materials and labor, they will haggle price with you and are MUCH cheaper... I had them build my garage for me and saved thousands compared to the closest quote... You just have to be willing to haggle. Think of them as a used car salesman with "no phone" even though they all have phones they just put it in their drivers name.