Calling all nerds

Jewtoys

I don't know a thing about this kinda stuff, but I have two unopened game boys from 1989. Still in the plastic wrapper.

One is mint, the other has a small tear in the plastic.

A quick eBay search, shows values all over the place, with conditions different than mine. What can I realistically sell this for? I have zero use for this junk

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1212/4798801/9950206/412709415.jpg

I'll gib ya $100 for the pair

But seriously... completed ebay auctions do show some comparable units sold. Ranging from $300 - $600

edit: Out of curiosity, how did you end up with them?

Cleaning out GF grandmothers house to sell, this lady has a bunch of weird old stuff that was never opened. She had a lot of these, could have taken them all but only took these two.

Looks about $510

:thumbup:

KillJoy

Thanks

Cleaning out GF grandmothers house to sell, this lady has a bunch of weird old stuff that was never opened. She had a lot of these, could have taken them all but only took these two.

Dude, place was probably a gold mine.

Where did everything else end up?

I love hearing cool "finds" like this

Where did everything else end up?

I love hearing cool "finds" like this

Yep, decent amount of stuff that has value. She just went into an assisted home, and was giving whatever away, the leftover to a garage sale so the place could be cleared to sell.

I don't like taking things for free, these were basically pushed upon.

Could be a gold mine, could be just old people buying crap. When my grandmother passed I can't tell you how many unopened "Vanna White" dolls we gave away. Ol' Girl loved the home shopping network.

Still, unopened game boys are kind of odd for an old person to have.

Could be a gold mine, could be just old people buying crap. When my grandmother passed I can't tell you how many unopened "Vanna White" dolls we gave away. Ol' Girl loved the home shopping network.

I found it odd as well.

We think they bought them as gifts, and just forgot to give them away? Her grandmother doesn't remember, as she didn't even know they were in the house. She had a few unopened nitendo consoles as well, and an unopened Atari jaguar game console.

Super strange as they didn't even own a computer. Most likely all gifts, that were forgotten about?

I found it odd as well.

We think they bought them as gifts, and just forgot to give them away? Her grandmother doesn't remember, as she didn't even know they were in the house. She had a few unopened nitendo consoles as well, and an unopened Atari jaguar game console.

Super strange as they didn't even own a computer. Most likely all gifts, that were forgotten about?

jesus id take all that today straight cash homie.

my aunt has this issue with addiction to buying shit in person/online/over the phone w/e then just puts the box in the basement unopened. She prob has everything sold on QVC for the last 15 years unopened junk.

jesus id take all that today straight cash homie.

my aunt has this issue with addiction to buying shit in person/online/over the phone w/e then just puts the box in the basement unopened. She prob has everything sold on QVC for the last 15 years unopened junk.

These weren't hoarder type people, stealth wealth is how I would describe them.

Own a few property's, including some beach property's, but lived in a modest home paid off since they were married 60+ years ago.

I let them go for $600.

Asked the place I sold them to, what he will resell for. The mint one he said will be sent out to be graded, and resold for $1,200 and the one with the slight plastic tear, $400-500.

He said it will take awhile to sell though, and is more interested in using it to promote his store...

Good for him, I don't need the money and it was 100% free. My GF is a teacher, and they have to pay for certain supplies out of pocket. Going to just give it to her.

Thanks for the input humans

I let them go for $600.

Asked the place I sold them to, what he will resell for. The mint one he said will be sent out to be graded, and resold for $1,200 and the one with the slight plastic tear, $400-500.

He said it will take awhile to sell though, and is more interested in using it to promote his store...

Good for him, I don't need the money and it was 100% free. My GF is a teacher, and they have to pay for certain supplies out of pocket. Going to just give it to her.

Thanks for the input humans

Win / Win / Win all around!

:thumbup:

KillJoy

:wtf: x infinity.