Anyone work at a Local Bike Shop?

carl1647545492

Carl,

Stop by veloscience bike works in new albany talk with Geoff, they have some nice rigs and sponsor my race team.

Another good shop is Breakaway cycling up in delaware, Dan is the owner.

Rode 60 miles today, biking is great get after it!

Carl,

Stop by veloscience bike works in new albany talk with Geoff, they have some nice rigs and sponsor my race team.

Another good shop is Breakaway cycling up in delaware, Dan is the owner.

Rode 60 miles today, biking is great get after it!

I'll add a vote for Dan and Breakaway. Great shop that we've worked with for a long time now.

Cool Brandon will do.

Where did you go to do 60 miles if you don't mind me asking?

This particular ride, I rode from my home to waldo to prospect and down river road back home. You can find me on Strava and see all the gps files. Strava is like a data logging app and social platform for running riding swimming ect.

If you want to plan routes, try ridewithgps.com - you can map our rides via gps and print cue sheets, or if you have a garmin device you can load the file for turn by turn navigation. It also shows you all the cool little cut throughs in neighborhoods and such to avoid busy roads.

I avoid most busy roads, use bike paths here and there; not a big path fan frankly, although there are a few good ones. I dont really like to ride the 315 olentangy bike path due to the amount of traffic and dogs and kids ect you are constantly making sure to not hit or dodge. They will crash you it happens often on that trail.

We ride out of New Albany to granville a lot, out of Hoover into johnstown, in dublin we ride out of Glacier Ridge Metro Park, or Avery Park (a bit busier). There are group rides most local shops sponsor as well, like ROLL: Trek Store of Columbus, ect where you can ride in a more organized fashion with like minded people, think rolling parking lot banter.

If you really get into it, you can get into gravel and fire roads, thats a lot of fun to but requires a bit more destination type riding.