Machine shops?

Captain_Panic1647545539

I went to NAPA on 161 for a BMW M4218B head rebuild. They did a 3-angle valve job, etc....I would imagine whatever shop they use could do port/polishing. At least worth a call.

I've had Mike do work for my old junkers in the past, but man...you gotta wait on him.

M&M head services in Delaware.

Cash sometimes gets you a discount.

Waiting on a call back from them.

I went to NAPA on 161 for a BMW M4218B head rebuild. They did a 3-angle valve job, etc....I would imagine whatever shop they use could do port/polishing. At least worth a call.

I've had Mike do work for my old junkers in the past, but man...you gotta wait on him.

I'll have to check it out. I live right by there anyway.

Wasserbeck Speedshop in Prospect Ohio builds some crazy stuff. Ask for Ed Wasserbeck, he is the owner.

I will look into that. Thank you.

Eric Grimes did the porting on my heads/sc/Lower intake manifold. He did a lot of work for LT1Rick on here. He's down off by Groveport Rd.

Awesome, I'll add that to the list.

+1 for M&M Mike does a ton of work for us, though you DO typically have some wait time. Great work and great guy. Just put your blinders on when you walk into the shop ;)

Don't put blinders on; you'll stub your toe on something! :lol: It's like a hoarder's TV show in that shop.

He has had my head and crank for about 7 months now, he is waiting on a set of bearings to come in to match my crank now then I can get my parts. I hear he has always done good work for anyone that I know that has used him, I hope it was worth the wait.

Don't use Phillips racing engines, he lost/sold/stole my rotating assembly. Dropped off a complete short block for a new crank and freshen (3 years ago), got back a bare block (this year) that wasn't machined after paying him $2700 and he can't find my crank rods and Pistons. Lots of lies later he won't return calls.

Don't use Phillips racing engines, he lost/sold/stole my rotating assembly. Dropped off a complete short block for a new crank and freshen (3 years ago), got back a bare block (this year) that wasn't machined after paying him $2700 and he can't find my crank rods and Pistons. Lots of lies later he won't return calls.

Ehhh fuck it just go fishing. Much less stressful

If you can talk Bob at Performance Research into taking on your project you won't find a better more capable machine shop in the state. The man is a wizard. He also finally took on an assistant (Apprentice? Junior Wizard?) Joe that I'm sure many of you have seen/met in the red '66 GTO.

Great turn time on work they do, but they don't take on just any 'ole project any more he has so much business he can be picky on what he does.

If you can talk Bob at Performance Research into taking on your project you won't find a better more capable machine shop in the state. The man is a wizard. He also finally took on an assistant (Apprentice? Junior Wizard?) Joe that I'm sure many of you have seen/met in the red '66 GTO.

Great turn time on work they do, but they don't take on just any 'ole project any more he has so much business he can be picky on what he does.

Is Joe's GTO red, with a stick and ridic-loud exhaust? Plate says "PONT GTO" or something like that?

This.

The guy did amazing work on my 4g63 years ago.

When I last stopped in to talk to him, he said he was taking it easy and only taking on the jobs he wanted to take on. THAT's the kind of guy I want working on my stuff.