lettuce talk about electric razors

smokin5s

I'd be leery of Norelco, especially if your hair tends to lay flat (like mine does) rather than stand straight out... their lift-and-cut heads will lead to just as many ingrowns as a traditional razor does.

I've had the same issue.

Also, keep in mind that foil type, like the Braun, work well when using in a straight, back and forth motion. While the rotary blades like those found in the Norelco and others, should be used in a circular motion to shave your face. Doing it any other way asks for trouble. ;) Anyway, just a thought that many don't consider when purchasing.

so after getting my Braun I gotta say, I hate electric razors... it's fine for the checks and neck, but where your moustache is it makes you end up looking like you have mange as it does a piss poor job of reaching all areas right under your nose and around your mouth. Any recommendations on that? I ended up using the tripper function and almost scraping trying to get all the hair cut away.

but where your moustache is it makes you end up looking like you have mange as it does a piss poor job of reaching all areas right under your nose and around your mouth. Any recommendations on that? I ended up using the tripper function and almost scraping trying to get all the hair cut away.

Just takes a bit of practice. If it's a question of going over it fifty times and there's something still not getting trimmed, try pushing the uncooperative area out with your tongue (from the inside!) to make it stand up more.

so after getting my Braun I gotta say, I hate electric razors... it's fine for the checks and neck, but where your moustache is it makes you end up looking like you have mange as it does a piss poor job of reaching all areas right under your nose and around your mouth. Any recommendations on that? I ended up using the tripper function and almost scraping trying to get all the hair cut away.

I have a small Panasonic (I think) w/various attachments that's specifically for beard trimming, etc. I use that for the touch up after a full size electric shave. It's especially useful for me since I sport various stages of facial hair.

OR man up and let it grow.

This.

Sticker_White_large.png?v=1468282193

not about manning up... I was recently diagnosed with a rare blood disorder and dr's said no more straight razors.

What'd they say about rare disorders and having a beard like a man?

I've thought about it... I just am a very hairy guy... like beard goes all the way up my cheeks and all the way do[wn my neck to a sweater if left unchecked.... doesn't look too good for someone in my profession.

http://media1.fdncms.com/sfweekly/imager/the-real-epic-beard-man-jack-passion/u/original/2667937/jackpassion_sanfranca.jpg

honestly not well played when you are recently diagnosed with a disease that scares the shit out of you... just saying.. everyone's fighting a battle

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RtAkjGz4d80/UALspec8mrI/AAAAAAAA8vw/dzCtq-mVyqY/s1600/nice_try.gif

What is "shaving?"

...facial hair is annoying me..

144938bc8199917a7a81290ae4d265c9.jpg

Ohhh...how I still love da Ambalamps.

http://new3.fjcdn.com/pictures/Brang_a55c8b_309671.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161006/188cf1c3250ff91711a1f20f6b3714ac.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I have used (in this order) Braun, Norelco, Braun, Panasonic.

The Norelco Butchered my face, the Brauns are nice, but the Panasonic Arc is in a league of its own.

Same here.

I would go through two Brauns a year, and did that for the past two years. Panasonic arc has been great, and it's cheap.