Civic Type R aka Subi STI clone

o0n8

So Honda showed off it's Civic Type R hatch and it just looks like a slightly updated Subi STI to me. I'm disappointed really.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/2017-Honda-Civic-Type-R-101-876x535.jpg

http://blog.caranddriver.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/2017-Honda-Civic-Type-R-107-876x535.jpg

More Pics

Article

maybe it would look better in a different color?

I think the matte black color is really making this thing look extra ugly. Also I am kinda surprised it is a more door. Is Honda homologating it for rally racing?

Nobody was expecting this thing to look "adult" right? I mean it's a boy racer dream so it should look a little over the top ricer. I want to see it in white or blue before I say it's ugly.

I can't get over the design of the new Civic. It reminds me of when someone crumbles up a sheet of paper into a ball and throws it away, then they remember that they still needed it, so they dig it out of the garbage and try to flatten it back out. And you're left with all these creases that are kind of smoothed over, but it's mainly just a mess.

I'm sure it is a hoot to drive but there are a lot of cars that are not FWD for around 32k that are better. If you never want to upgrade your car it might be OK (300hp is around the max for FWD to be effective), but it seems like too little too late from Honda. Bring back the S2000 or make the Type-R AWD/RWD