New Ruger compact

Otis Nice

Ruger has been greatly over looked on the tactical/self defense side of guns. They make a great AR at a low cost. The SR series pistols have performed very well. I would like to see what the real difference is between this "mil spec" American pistol. Two years ago, the military put it out there that they would be updating from the SF93 M9. I'm sure this is the result for attempting to get that contract. From what I have heard, Glock was the favored pick and Sig was picked also.

Noe the less, neat gun that I would like to run through a stress shoot.

Ruger has been greatly over looked on the tactical/self defense side of guns. They make a great AR at a low cost. The SR series pistols have performed very well. I would like to see what the real difference is between this "mil spec" American pistol. Two years ago, the military put it out there that they would be updating from the SF93 M9. I'm sure this is the result for attempting to get that contract. From what I have heard, Glock was the favored pick and Sig was picked also.

Noe the less, neat gun that I would like to run through a stress shoot.

I've always thought Ruger was underrated. I love the SR series. Carried the SR9c for a few years. Never had an issue.

I know all major manufacturers would love a contract. Glock has a great track record as does Sig. It'd be tough to beat them out. Those two, Colt, and FN all say, "military" to me.

Ruger says, "America". Rifles, shotguns, revolvers, etc. generally come to mind. Most beginners or fanboys don't even think of a Ruger semi auto pistol. More farm/ranch than battlefield or defense it seems.

That being said I'm intrigued by this new line. I haven't gotten a chance to fire them.