Snowpocolypse 2016-17

mrs.cos

its that time of year when us couch weather men put our noses to the grind..

The weather for this weekend is possibly calling for our first snow, and we know it wont be anythign to talk about, most likely may even be rain before it hits the ground, but its still possible for some flakes!

Im ready for it. :)

too bad i couldnt put christmas lights up today.. maybe ill get lucky with one more warm

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It can be close to freezing and snowy on Xmas eve and Xmas day. On every other day, it can be 80 degrees and sunny. It is also permitted to be overcast on the afternoon of Thanksgiving day.

^^^This is how it would work if I ruled the universe.

If it's going to snow, I prefer Armageddon. Just all out chaos. Bypass the dustings and the 3 to 4 inches of snow and proceed directly to 17 inches of snow, closed businesses, and frozen tundra Walking Dead world.

Power is out in Westerville, has been for hours. Doubtful its related though.

Disagree. This is Columbus and I see some random snow flakes falling out there. That means we're likely under a level 1 snow emergency and the power outage likely was caused by a dude coming back from CC&C taking out a transformer as they exited the freeway racing a suburban dad returning from Costco in his V6 Camry.

It can be close to freezing and snowy on Xmas eve and Xmas day. On every other day, it can be 80 degrees and sunny. It is also permitted to be overcast on the afternoon of Thanksgiving day.

^^^This is how it would work if I ruled the universe.

If it's going to snow, I prefer Armageddon. Just all out chaos. Bypass the dustings and the 3 to 4 inches of snow and proceed directly to 17 inches of snow, closed businesses, and frozen tundra Walking Dead world.

I can get on board with that 'Pomade for Polemarch'

I saw some on a local bridge in Clintonville....so yep. That was Friday, pre-rain.

Yeah, I'm guessing it's all washed off now already, as I still haven't seen any. I put the Cobra away yesterday, I'll keep driving my G8 until I'm sure we're in "Salt Season". Then it will be "Beater Only" time. Which I can't complain about, if I actually get to December when that starts... :o

My guess is a warm winter with not much snow. The science behind that guess.....none. All fall hunting I noticed very few if any acorns and saw the fewest squirrels I've ever seen. A heavy snow winter will decimate the squirrel population and I'm a firm believer that nature takes care of it's own.