College Football Thread 2016/2017 v2.0

Zx2guy19

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's set something straight. Alabama has played good teams this year. Alabama has faced top twenty defenses all year long. So to say they played nobody is just silly.

The B1G received some love this year from the media and it has been recycled. It's not like the B1G has recruited top talent over other conferences and now they are elite. They are getting praise because the SEC has had a down year. Just because the SEc had a down year and they all lost to each Other doesn't make them all garbage. Quite a few of them have top offenses and defenses. Game planning, injuries and coaching changes took place. First year coaches and or coordinators.

You all saying Wisconsin is an elite team or Nebraska and made Ohio st battle tested just drink the b1g kool aid. Even the worst team ole miss would beat either of those teams.

Its not just this year thats "down".......Alabama isn't the whole conference lol. They are constantly good. But the conference isn't.

The B1G has been gaining ground for the last several years and now they are the best conference (again) in the country. You can't argue that.

Its not just this year thats "down".......Alabama isn't the whole conference lol. They are constantly good. But the conference isn't.

The B1G has been gaining ground for the last several years and now they are the best conference (again) in the country. You can't argue that.

100% agreed. This coming from a hardcore Florida fan who is completely indifferent towards OSU or any other team in the B1G. It's pretty clear which conference is the best right now.

Alabama has played some pretty good teams

No they haven't, as was shown in my post a couple pages back that went ignored when I asked Lauren about his thoughts. Either he didn't like what he saw or he's blocked me due to this thread. :lol:

Or maybe I've been banned from this thread and don't know it. :ninja:

Let's set something straight. Alabama has played good teams this year. Alabama has faced top twenty defenses all year long. So to say they played nobody is just silly.

Not trolling. Genuinely curious why you never replied to the post I asked you about twice.

The B1G received some love this year from the media and it has been recycled.

Oh, the ironing.

It's not like the B1G has recruited top talent over other conferences and now they are elite.

100% incorrect according to, well, everything.

They are getting praise because the SEC has had a down year.

No, the B1G is getting praise because it's by far the best conference as of late.

Just because the SEc had a down year and they all lost to each Other doesn't make them all garbage. Quite a few of them have top offenses and defenses. Game planning, injuries and coaching changes took place. First year coaches and or coordinators.

But when this happens in the B1G they're garbage? Logic.

You all saying Wisconsin is an elite team or Nebraska and made Ohio st battle tested just drink the b1g kool aid. Even the worst team ole miss would beat either of those teams.

Ok.

100% agreed. This coming from a hardcore Florida fan who is completely indifferent towards OSU or any other team in the B1G. It's pretty clear which conference is the best right now.

Thank you for the unbiased opinion.

heavy rumor that Tom Herman is going to hire Tim Beck as his OC/QB Coach. That is Herman's speciality, so I assume is would be more for recruiting and Herman would still control both of those

The B1G received some love this year from the media and it has been recycled. It's not like the B1G has recruited top talent over other conferences and now they are elite. They are getting praise because the SEC has had a down year. Just because the SEc had a down year and they all lost to each Other doesn't make them all garbage. Quite a few of them have top offenses and defenses. Game planning, injuries and coaching changes took place. First year coaches and or coordinators.

#delusional

They have played exactly 4, all from the SEC. That's a bullshit stat, and you know it. When teams play EACH OTHER and both have a shitton of fumbles and picks, and their offense is inept, it makes the defense look good on paper, but you can't sit and tell me that the Tennessee and Texas A&M teams we've seen this year lived up to the hype. Their head-to-head in week 5 or whatever was absolutely pathetic and full of obvious mistakes, but yet both defenses look good statistically in that game.

Add to the fact that every single one of these "top 20" defenses has played a division 2 school AND a g5 school, and it's pretty obvious that the numbers are skewed. I'm sure Ohio State would score 800 points and record 7 safeties against Chattanooga, which would make us the best team in the history of the universe on paper, but instead we opted to schedule Oklahoma.

While your statement is technically true, let's not act ignorant to how those numbers came to be.

But since you want to cherrypick, OSU has played 3 top 10 defenses this year already, Alabama has played 1. Checkmate.

OSU hired a new coach for the defense today and apparently interviewed Kevin Wilson for an offensive position.

Not surprised, Meyer has always talked up Kevin Wilson whether he was interviewed about IU or the B1G in general. Would definitely take him over Tim Beck.

Translation: Nobody.

Week 1 - USC Trojans - #9 now, garbage then.

Week 2 - Western KY Hilltoppers - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Week 3 - Ole Miss Rebels - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Week 4 - Kent State Golden Flashes - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Week 5 - Kentucky Wildcats - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Week 6 - Arkansas Razorbacks - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Week 7 - Tennessee Volunteers - #21

Week 8 - Texas A&M - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Week 9 - Bye - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Week 10 - LSU - #20

Week 11 - Mississippi State Bulldogs - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Week 12 - Chattanooga Mocs - :wtf:FCS team

Week 13 - Auburn Tigers - #14

Week 14 - Florida Gators - #17

Congrats on your super tough schedule.

Ohio State, in comparison:

Week 1 - Bowling Green Falcons - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Week 2 - Tulsa Golden Hurricane - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Week 3 - Oklahoma Sooners - #7

Week 4 - Bye

Week 5 - Rutgers Scarlet Knights - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Week 6 - Indiana Hoosiers - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Week 7 - Wisconsin Badgers - #8

Week 8 - Penn State Nittany Lions - #5

Week 9 - Northwestern Wildcats - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Week 10 - Nebraska Cornhuskers - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (Note: same record as USC and played in a far superior conference)

Week 11 - Maryland Terps - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Week 12 - MSU Spartans - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Week 13 - TTUN - #6

#9, 21, 20, 14, and 17 for the conf champ compared to #7, #8, #5, and #6. End of the year rankings. Don't get me started on how tOSU played 4 top ten teams at time of play and 'Bama played zero.

But please, tell us more about how awful 'Bama's schedule was and how dominate Hurts has been against amazing teams. :lolguy:

Quoted for recent relevancy. Still haven't gotten a resposne.

heavy rumor that Tom Herman is going to hire Tim Beck as his OC/QB Coach. That is Herman's speciality, so I assume is would be more for recruiting and Herman would still control both of those

and then there is this..

"Been following some smoke about Warinner coming from local Horns radio. Apparently, they are claiming that Warinner has silently accepted a position as OC for Herman, but will not be announced until after the Playoff.

Same sources also suggest Kevin Wilson is in Columbus, and that he will likely replace Warinner as OC. Not sure which came first (or if true, honestly)."

Also a guy on 11W did some searching on the student database for the early enrolle guys, Tate Martell and the others are on there. One interesting name listed wass Jeffery Okudah, KABOOM! After he made the post, some others searched and his name was gone, have a feeling it was taken down as to not steal the kids thunder since he's announcing at the AA Game in Jan

Word is Urbran requires only 2 years from an assistant before they take other positions. I just hope it doesn't hurt recruiting as a lot of it is built on relationships with position coaches. It nearly cost Ohio State Mike Weber as he was a huge Stan Drayton fan. Stan went to the bears before signing day, luckily Urban hired Alford and was able to convince Weber to come to OSU.

With the amount of guys Ohio State is turning out to the NFL, guys want to come here to have the best opportunity to make it to the league. A lot of the talented guys around the country are now choosing between playing for an asshole (Nick Saban) or a more family friendly guy (Urban Meyer) when it comes to the elite programs where you're pretty much guaranteed a draft pick as long as you work hard and have talent.

Quoted for recent relevancy. Still haven't gotten a resposne.

I like how you have Oklohoma #7 but at the time they were garbage. They were 1-2 to start the season. They lost to Houston who turned out to be a bust.

Really their only quality win has for Ohio state is Michigan. Wisconsin wasn't a quality win by any means (highly over rated) and then they lost to Penn ST but I noticed you didn't label that on your list. Just listed their ranking. Ohio st squeaked by the mighty Michigan st and northwestern teams. So of the four rated teams Ohio st played they were 3-1 with Oklohoma being garbage when they played them and them losing to pen st.

Bama on the other hand played a undefeated A&M team who was top ten at the time. Destroyed the garbage USC team. And handled everyone else with ease. Finished undefeated and won their conference. So yes I would say Bamas schedule is a lot better the. Ohio st's. Take away the USC game for Bama and the Oklohoma game for Ohio st because neither USC or OU were playing good football at the time, and Bamas schedule and wins look a lot better.

But don't take my word for it, the entire nation agrees with me.

You cherry pick whatever benefits you. It's so obvious that you're a troll. You need to try harder. Here are the facts...

SEC = 1 top 10 team

B1G = 3 top 10 teams

Ohio State has played 4 top 10 teams.

Alabama has played 1 top 10 team.

You can't just pick and choose what you want to benefit your point. I mean, you can, but I just stated facts. Alabama is undefeated, yes. Could they be undefeated if they played 4 top 10 teams this year? Possibly. Could they have lost one of those games just like OSU, sure. We have no idea, but to say Alabama has played a tougher schedule than Ohio State and use your own ridiculous subjective opinions to back your case is laughable. I hope for your sake Alabama doesn't show up to the National Championship game like Ohio State did in 2006 counting their chickens before they hatch. When everyone pats you on the back and tells you how great and perfect you are, that's typically when you get exposed. We will find out who the best team in the country is on January 9th.

I like how you have Oklohoma #7 but at the time they were garbage. They were 1-2 to start the season. They lost to Houston who turned out to be a bust.

Bama on the other hand played a undefeated A&M team who was top ten at the time.

Do you think before you speak? I get that your gimmick is that of a troll who frequents an Ohio based car page, inhabited largely by Ohio State fans, but come on man, you're not even good at this anymore.

How did those 2 teams end up?

OklAhoma: 10-2

TAMU: 8-4 (included losses to 5-7 Miss St and 5-7 Ole Miss)

Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

Do you think before you speak? I get that your gimmick is that of a troll who frequents an Ohio based car page, inhabited largely by Ohio State fans, but come on man, you're not even good at this anymore.

How did those 2 teams end up?

OklAhoma: 11-2

TAMU: 8-4 (included losses to 5-7 Miss St and 5-7 Ole Miss)

Let's not discount Oklahoma's schedule either. They played 2 G5 schools, 1 of which is a top 25 team, and played national powerhouse Ohio State. TAMU has played 1 FCS team and 2 bottom feeder G5 schools, and lost to literal trash in the SEC in Ole Miss/Mississippi State.

I'd bet a LOT of money on Oklahoma beating TAMU by 21+ if they were to play. They're not even on the same level. You're an idiot, Lauren. How dare you disrespect the Oklahoma by even comparing the two. :lolguy:

First off, thank you for a response finally. I mean, it's illogical, but it was acknowledged.

"I" don't have anyone ranked anything. You see, I don't make those calls. The fact is, OK WAS ranked #7 at time of play and ended the season 10-2 (9-0 in their conference). Not too shabby by anyone's standards, even homers of other teams.

USC however (whom you have used as a comparison, not me) finished the season 9-3 (7-2 in their conference).

Weird.

Really their only quality win has for Ohio state is Michigan. Wisconsin wasn't a quality win by any means (highly over rated) and then they lost to Penn ST but I noticed you didn't label that on your list. Just listed their ranking. Ohio st squeaked by the mighty Michigan st and northwestern teams. So of the four rated teams Ohio st played they were 3-1 with Oklohoma being garbage when they played them and them losing to pen st.

Hmmmm...good point.

tOSU's top 5 opponents and their rankings:

TTUN - #5

Peen State - #6

Oklahoma - #7

Wisky - #9

Nebraska - #27 (You're right. At the end we see they are just out of the top 25. I'll give you this one.)

Alabama's 5 best:

USC - #9

Auburn - #14

FL - #17

LSU - #20

TN - #21

Strength of schedule?

tOSU: #1

'Bama: #3

See? You're 100% wrong. Nobody in the country agrees with you. Here's proof.

Even Paul effing Finebaum has said this year that the B1G is the toughest conference in 2016 AND that tOSU has a tougher schedule than 'Bama.

Do you even watch/research outside of the games on saturday's bro? :lol:

Bama on the other hand played a undefeated A&M team who was top ten at the time.

You're right here. A&M WAS undefeated when they met 'Bama. They had dismantled UCLA (4-8), Prairie View A&M (:lol:), Auburn (8-4), Arkansas (7-5), South Carolina (6-6), and TN (8-4).

My bad. That's a stellar win.

I am also SUPER thrilled that you said they were, and I quote, "top ten at the time", which you literally said was a weak argument for tOSU and OK in this same response. :lol:

For the record:

OK ended the season 10-2. A&M ended the seasons 8-4.

Destroyed the garbage USC team. And handled everyone else with ease. Finished undefeated and won their conference. So yes I would say Bamas schedule is a lot better the. Ohio st's. Take away the USC game for Bama and the Oklohoma game for Ohio st because neither USC or OU were playing good football at the time, and Bamas schedule and wins look a lot better.

See above. tOSU SOS #1, 'Bama SOS #3.

Sorry that facts say you're wrong and that upsets you.

But don't take my word for it, the entire nation agrees with me.

No. No they don't.

'Bama homers do, but fans of literally any other team or conference and all expert analysts, including SEC analyst and homer Paul Finebaum, disagrees with you.

Fucking Christ, your dumb ass still cant fucking spell OKLAHOMA

Well, I mean, he is a fan of a team simply because of his sig other and for no other reason. Logic is lost on this one I'm afraid.

I bet Lauren is a chill dude for real. This thread just brings out the stupid in him though. We all have it inside us. This thread is his kryptonite.

You cherry pick whatever benefits you. It's so obvious that you're a troll. You need to try harder. Here are the facts...

SEC = 1 top 10 team

B1G = 3 top 10 teams

Ohio State has played 4 top 10 teams.

Alabama has played 1 top 10 team.

You can't just pick and choose what you want to benefit your point. I mean, you can, but I just stated facts. Alabama is undefeated, yes. Could they be undefeated if they played 4 top 10 teams this year? Possibly. Could they have lost one of those games just like OSU, sure. We have no idea, but to say Alabama has played a tougher schedule than Ohio State and use your own ridiculous subjective opinions to back your case is laughable. I hope for your sake Alabama doesn't show up to the National Championship game like Ohio State did in 2006 counting their chickens before they hatch. When everyone pats you on the back and tells you how great and perfect you are, that's typically when you get exposed. We will find out who the best team in the country is on January 9th.

I posted evidence. Multiple times. He has and will continue to dispute it. That's fine.

And I hope to hell that, be it at the hands of tOSU or Clemson, 'Bama gets wrecked. Again.

If you guys ACTUALLY wanted him to shut up, you'd just put him on ignore.

No. This is the internet and I NEED to let him know he's wrong. :gabe: