Cruise peeps - Rt. 22 between I-77 and Cadiz?

zeitgeist57

I had business meetings on Friday that ended my day with a drove from E. Liverpool back to Columbus via Rt. 7 and Rt. 22. I haven't driven that before but it was a very fun, 55MPH 2-lane road with nice stretches that crested ridges and flowed with the countryside. Appx 50 miles of great country highway . A few villages where you had to slow down, but you never stop.

I'm thinking it could be a good cruise route next year. Any drivers/riders familiar with this stretch of road?

I take it every once in a while when I'm coming back home from Pittsburgh. It's definitely a fun road. Last time I took it was during sunset and it was hard to focus on the road because of the views. It's definitely more fun going east to west for some reason. Edited by Fiji ST

I travel to Pittsburg as well every other week, the issue with that stretch is getting stuck behind mining dump trucks and other semis avoiding 70. You can actually run from Cadiz all the way to 161 on the same Rd... don't recall the changes but it's 16 and I believe 250. I try and take different routes depending on my departure times for a change of scenery, I've always wanted to take one of the cars out there.

Sounds likes someone needs to figure this out, I'm down to go. I wish I knew that area better or I'd try and set something up.

I'm original from there, so I'm pretty familiar with the roads. I can make a route up for us. I'd probably ride my Ducati though lol

I'm original from there, so I'm pretty familiar with the roads. I can make a route up for us. I'd probably ride my Ducati though lol

That's cool, I can keep from running you over in my Corvette. Seriously though I was a shitty rider when I had a bike so I'm better off. Hopefully you wouldn't mind going with cars.

Ryan, that's a great idea. I'd like to get a few guys from CR that we can trust to go out there and give it a run. I've also been trying to spot other areas instead of 555 and Hocking hills for cruise ideas after CC&C next year.

If you do post the route afterwards. I am always looking for a 374 replacement. 555 is also a fun run.