who knows a good ..no great auto electrical

Mace1647545504

troubleshooter?

I have a weird problem with my jeep gc. It has a viper remote start and it began acting up,not unlocking the car,then it bgin to start it and the car would die. Sometimes it will start up the first time then others it will take 2 or 3 times before starting.

I took it back to best buy and they said it wasn't the viper and it worked flawless while it was there.

So any help is greatly appreciated

Sounds like it is the viper. Unplug it first and go from there. I'd put a 6 pack on it being related to the install or system.

Any shop who didn't do the install is going to charge you a lot of cash to mess with this thing. It is a nightmare trying to figure out what some shmuck making $9/hr to hack these things in did.

Could be the Viper, I've seen factory alarm systems in ZJ's have trouble and do similar things. In those you just ground the purple/yellow wire? (I'll have to look back into it it has been awhile since someones needed it done) that is in the driver door and it bypasses it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'd love to make it best buys problem but I didn't purchase it , it was bought by the previous owner and I don't know how far I can push them on the subject. I do have all the warranty paperwork.

I do believe it is the viper or the installation of the product but they pushed it off as an electrical problem.

I think it's a short somewhere like I said before, if I push it to start it will then die,I can then usually put the key in and it will start but every so often I'll put the key in, it will start then die. I go through this several times then it will start.

When it does attempt to start the doors will lock and I can unlock them, but if I try to lock the doors with the viper w/o starting it won't lock them.

mace

In talking more to my son who took it in for me he said, and I may have missed it, he said when they tried the door lock on the door it failed to operate the locks, that's why bb feels it's not their install or the viper.

Could the viper have caused this to fail?

Thought??