Damn CR-V

Fiji ST

I am really starting to hate this freaking car.....

For the past few weeks, the driver side front window has been acting weird. It would go down all the way in Auto, but wouldn't work on the way up. On Friday, it has completely stopped working.

Now, all the other windows work from the door handle. The Auto on the button lights up. The button still clicks like it's engaging. I can even wiggle the window in the tracks. It just won't go down nor do I hear any noise from inside the door. It needs a new motor/regulator, correct?

You can bypass the switch with jumpers and see if it works (you would need a schematic to show you which wires), or you could pull the door and make sure you get power and ground at the motor for it to work. With your description it could be the switch or the motor, kinda sounds like the switch, just cause it lights up doesn't mean anything.

My Explorer would do this all the time. The window would do down and not back up. The decide to randomly go up when I moved the switch again.

I took the door panel off and put 12v to the motor and the window went up and down.

It was the switch. I also had another switch from a similar vehicle I could test with.

What's making you think it's the switch?

Because typically a motor fails by slowing down, and a switch gets intermittant and just acts stupid as the contacts wear out and stop making good connection. I'm not saying that's what it is, just that you should check it before you throw parts at it.

Because typically a motor fails by slowing down, and a switch gets intermittant and just acts stupid as the contacts wear out and stop making good connection. I'm not saying that's what it is, just that you should check it before you throw parts at it.

I gotcha. I'll look into that first. Thanks.

+1 for trouble shooting the problem. Sound advice, I concur

Borrowed a new window switch from our body shop. Swapped it out and the window still won't roll down.

If it has auto up/down then it should have limit switches for each direction. Maybe one of those has failed.

If it has auto up/down then it should have limit switches for each direction. Maybe one of those has failed.

Are you talking about on the switch itself or in the door? You can hear and feel each click on the switch with both set up and neither move the window.

Are you talking about on the switch itself or in the door? You can hear and feel each click on the switch with both set up and neither move the window.

In the door. There should be a sensor to tell the window to stop when it is all the way up or down if you have the auto window feature.

• 5 weeks later...