Recommend me a good hotel in Chicago

TimTaylor751647545500

Heading to CHI in June for a few days and am hoping to find someplace decent between Wrigley & Soldier Field that isn't $500/night. I've only been to Chicago once, so I'm up for other suggestions of what to might be good to check out while there as well.

Thanks!

my wife and i stayed at the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place. it was a pretty nice hotel and i think when we booked it was only 170/night which included free breakfast up to 50 dollars per day. if i remember correctly, its a 4 star hotel.

btw i used booking.com they had the best deals

also soldier field is only 2 miles north of the hotel, so not exactly between soldier field and wriggley, but pretty close.

Heading to CHI in June for a few days and am hoping to find someplace decent between Wrigley & Soldier Field that isn't $500/night. I've only been to Chicago once, so I'm up for other suggestions of what to might be good to check out while there as well.

Thanks!

I go to Chicago for management meetings...with the CTA/Metra system, why not just stay in the Loop/downtown and use the trains to get around? It's not more than 20-30minutes added to wherever you need to be.

I've stayed at the Millennium, Palmer House...if you're downtown there are a ton of great bars to go to (el Hefe, Three Dots and a Dash, etc...)

last spring we stayed at the raffaello right by the john hancock. Nice hotel and would stay there again. We're going back in April and picked the hilton this time because we'll have the kids with us and it has an indoor pool. We've did the trains in the past but this last trip we used uber everywhere and personally I liked that option better.

There are tons of great hotels in chi town. I go 3-4 times a year at least for a quick 48 hours of shopping and entertainment. I've had a blast at the Godfrey hotel, palmer house, peninsula, and most recently, the virgin hotel. The virgin hotel is awesome. They have a tesla that can drive you around for free during the day, free drinks for happy hour at their bar from 7-8 each night, and the mini bar is street pricing---$2 for the mini liquor drinks, $1 for snacks, etc. just a bunch of small cool perks, and the people are incredibly nice

Stayed here this summer. Loved it.

http://www.chicagoathletichotel.com/

There is a shake shack at street level, a rooftop bar overlooking millennium park, a game room and an 8 seat bar that serves rare spirits called the milk room.

http://www.lsdatcaa.com/home#close

http://www.lsdatcaa.com/milk-room-chicago#openModal

Have you thought of AirBNB? I stayed in one for 4 days while i was there and it was great and was easy to hop on the L to get around.

Fuck AirBNB with a big black dick. We booked a place in like September to go to St. Thomas, USVI from 12/29 to 1/4...had our airfare bought, etc...we were set to fly out on Thursday morning at like 5:30am. We woke up Wednesday for work to an email from our host cancelling our reservation...24 hours before we were due to fly out. Guy was even emailing us Tuesday afternoon and everything was fine. Claimed he had a "maintenance issue" that forced him to cancel our reservation. I think it's total bullshit. AirBNB tried to find us another listing, but nothing else was what we wanted, and ended up booking directly through another place. They said they would "see about" covering the difference if we found another listing and it was more than what we booked. No guarantee though, so we may have been stuck with a higher bill because this dickhead cancelled our reservation

The shit part? AirBNB only hits the host with a $100 penalty fee for doing this, and we couldn't even leave a review...they put an automatic review up saying our reservation was cancelled, and it only stays up for 3 months.

Makes me wonder how often this guy pulls this shit. If we hadn't been able to find another place as quick as we did, I'd be livid. How are you gonna cancel on someone like that ~24 hours before they're supposed to fly 1800+ miles? There is no "maintenance" issue in this world that can't be fixed and requires cancelling a week long reservation.

Never again will I use AirBNB, no matter how good the reviews are.