Goodbye SS, Hello Stinger...

o0n8

Dual clutch gear boxes have lost their appeal imo, torque converted automatics are back on top of the "how fast can you shift" pile. The new 8 speed behind the C7 Z06 out shifts Porches PDK trans in the 911.

This is very short sighted...

It might be able to shift faster while Upshifting, but it 100% will not shift as fast Downshifting.

PS, automatics LOL

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is very short sighted...

It might be able to shift faster while Upshifting, but it 100% will not shift as fast Downshifting.

PS, automatics LOL

I am looking at Vettes and CTVs (as usual) and trying to convince my self an auto is OK as it greatly increases the selection. I just cannot do it. While there is no question I would be faster with an auto (the new 10 speed auto in the ZL1 is awesome) I just like changing gears myself.

I am looking at Vettes and CTVs (as usual) and trying to convince my self an auto is OK as it greatly increases the selection. I just cannot do it. While there is no question I would be faster with an auto (the new 10 speed auto in the ZL1 is awesome) I just like changing gears myself.

:fuckyeah:

BE STRONG, DON'T GIVE IN

There are lots of wagons and hatches now. They're becoming more popular for pleb cars, specifically for smaller cars. Focus, civic, cruze, forte, elantra, etc are all offering hatchbacks and they're getting popular. Not to mention the fiesta, mazda 2, mazda 3, golf, sportwagen, alltrack, a4 avant, allroad, 3 series, not sure if the c and e class still has one or not, s60, new s90 large sedan is coming in wagon, etc, etc...

hatches aren't wagons.

Autos are for suvs and trucks

Preach it! Only reason I didn't get a charger, no manual option.

There are lots of wagons and hatches now. They're becoming more popular for pleb cars, specifically for smaller cars. Focus, civic, cruze, forte, elantra, etc are all offering hatchbacks and they're getting popular. Not to mention the fiesta, mazda 2, mazda 3, golf, sportwagen, alltrack, a4 avant, allroad, 3 series, not sure if the c and e class still has one or not, s60, new s90 large sedan is coming in wagon, etc, etc...

^^ Audi S5 Sportback in the hatchback category too.

Those side markers streaming off the tails look retarded.

Agreed.

I really want to like it, but I can't get past the Kia badge. It'll be a steal on the used market, though.

Especially for the price. If it was priced like a Kia it'd have a little more appeal.

I think I'm going to get the Alfa Romeo. That thing is bad ass.

My opinion may be a bit biased, but the Guilia is an awesome car. After going to NAIAS today and seeing the Giulia listed for $72k (starting), I'd like to know what that includes. There was an ATS-V for $89k, which seems a bit outrageous to me.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

My opinion may be a bit biased, but the Guilia is an awesome car. After going to NAIAS today and seeing the Giulia listed for $72k (starting), I'd like to know what that includes. There was an ATS-V for $89k, which seems a bit outrageous to me.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

The $72k giulia is the quatrafolio model, or in other words the direct competitor to the M3. It's a 505hp twin turbo v6 that will supposedly do 200mph and 0-60 in 3.8 seconds. It's also $40k more than the base Giulia, which is supposed to be a direct 3 series competitor.

I hear the are fun cars but the two things I have learned from Italian vehicles are: 1) always buy them used because the 1st owner spends the money sorting out the bugs, 2) the only thing with worse depreciation is a British car, and the difference is literally pennies.