Dodge Challenger Demon

Mallard

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dodge doesn't want dealer markups, and is doing something about them. http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/a10160467/dodge-challenger-srt-demon-allocations/

Glad to see us doing something about it, but I would have preferred something more like what Ford did with the latest GT. Some dealers were trying to get around the MSRP markup by charging separately for a place in line. Now a customer has a choice of either signing papers that says they paid MSRP or ratting out the dealer and never getting the car.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

http://www.thedrive.com/new-cars/11707/dodge-plays-hardball-to-halt-dealer-markups-on-challenger-srt-demon?utm_source=spotim&utm_medium=spotim_recirculation&spotim_referrer=recirculation&spot_im_comment_id=sp_JjtET6Vo_article%2411707_c_ckuMbL

How many of these things are just going to be picked up by speculators and resold to enjoy all that juicy profit? Of the 3000 to be built how many will be out terrorizing the streets and strips versus only sitting at home or in storage to be rubbed on as an investment? Not much Dodge can do to change it, we appreciate the attempt though..

what happened to under $30K for your car replacement.

also didn't you hate the weight on these?

I got it for under $30k and it's a lease. The residual on these cars are very good so the lease payment wasn't bad at all.

Obviously I'm not a huge fan of the weight 4190lbs. With that being said, I also am no longer in the race scene so how fast is actually is isn't as big of a deal to me as it used to be. It was the 5th dealership I went to and the following cars were more expensive to lease even with a larger down payment... Ford Focus ST, Volkswagen GTI, Subaru WRX, Subaru BRZ, Toyota 86, Ford Mustang Ecoboost. For comparison, a Camaro 1ss was going to cost me roughly $125/month more than the Challenger. I know that it's faster, but I'm okay with the hit on performance for the price. It was hard to pass up the deal I got after going and test driving these other cars and getting the $ numbers on them.

I got it for under $30k and it's a lease. The residual on these cars are very good so the lease payment wasn't bad at all.

Obviously I'm not a huge fan of the weight 4190lbs. With that being said, I also am no longer in the race scene so how fast is actually is isn't as big of a deal to me as it used to be. It was the 5th dealership I went to and the following cars were more expensive to lease even with a larger down payment... Ford Focus ST, Volkswagen GTI, Subaru WRX, Subaru BRZ, Toyota 86, Ford Mustang Ecoboost. For comparison, a Camaro 1ss was going to cost me roughly $125/month more than the Challenger. I know that it's faster, but I'm okay with the hit on performance for the price. It was hard to pass up the deal I got after going and test driving these other cars and getting the $ numbers on them.

sounds like a great deal. What's your lease payment per month look like? I assume it is stick, right?

Having driven the camaro, mustang, and challenger as rental cars in the last 2 years - the challenger always struck me as the car easiest to live with on a daily basis.

saw this on jalopnik:

http://jalopnik.com/you-can-now-buy-the-worlds-shittiest-dodge-challenger-h-1796269683

qdoz5eaivubtigaxjylp.png

no demon's wrecked yet, but I don't think they have been delivered. Considering the news was quick to report hellcats that were wrecked within hours of purchase (some with as little as 18 miles) I imagine we will hear about it.

sounds like a great deal. What's your lease payment per month look like? I assume it is stick, right?

Having driven the camaro, mustang, and challenger as rental cars in the last 2 years - the challenger always struck me as the car easiest to live with on a daily basis.

$370/month 39 months and that's with just $500 down and $950 negative equity on my trade in (2004 Acura TL). And yes, it's a manual. The only one they had at the dealer was an 8 speed auto which was nice, but there's just something about a manual that'd I'd miss too much so they worked a dealer trade. It's a very comfortable car though and the ride quality is pretty damn good considering what type of vehicle it is. Obviously it's not the fastest thing in the world, but it was easily the best bang for my buck as far as getting a brand new car with my criteria.

http://www.thedrive.com/new-cars/11707/dodge-plays-hardball-to-halt-dealer-markups-on-challenger-srt-demon?utm_source=spotim&utm_medium=spotim_recirculation&spotim_referrer=recirculation&spot_im_comment_id=sp_JjtET6Vo_article%2411707_c_ckuMbL

How many of these things are just going to be picked up by speculators and resold to enjoy all that juicy profit? Of the 3000 to be built how many will be out terrorizing the streets and strips versus only sitting at home or in storage to be rubbed on as an investment? Not much Dodge can do to change it, we appreciate the attempt though..

The first owner gets their name on the Demon Crate. This will hopefully deter people who resell for a quick buck, but I'm sure it will happen. It will just serve as a constant reminder that you're the second owner.

saw this on jalopnik:

http://jalopnik.com/you-can-now-buy-the-worlds-shittiest-dodge-challenger-h-1796269683

qdoz5eaivubtigaxjylp.png

no demon's wrecked yet, but I don't think they have been delivered. Considering the news was quick to report hellcats that were wrecked within hours of purchase (some with as little as 18 miles) I imagine we will hear about it.

No public deliveries yet. Order books just opened today. There are pre-production cars that have been delivered to HQ.

$370/month 39 months and that's with just $500 down and $950 negative equity on my trade in (2004 Acura TL). And yes, it's a manual. The only one they had at the dealer was an 8 speed auto which was nice, but there's just something about a manual that'd I'd miss too much so they worked a dealer trade. It's a very comfortable car though and the ride quality is pretty damn good considering what type of vehicle it is. Obviously it's not the fastest thing in the world, but it was easily the best bang for my buck as far as getting a brand new car with my criteria.

That's a hell of a deal. Congrats.

The first owner gets their name on the Demon Crate. This will hopefully deter people who resell for a quick buck, but I'm sure it will happen. It will just serve as a constant reminder that you're the second owner.

LOL

This posted today:

http://jalopnik.com/heres-what-you-have-to-sign-when-you-buy-a-dodge-challe-1796304916

It's funny that there are 5 things related to wheels and tires (don't drive on highway, don't drive in 15 degree weather, inspect for cracks, don't drive in the rain, and tighten lug nuts only on the ground) and 2 things related to passenger seats (do not let people ride in the space of the missing seats, do not install seats if seats are missing).

Good choice they are actually really tolerable as a DD and can be quite fun at a decent value. Yes they are heavy but there's more than enough power to move it along nicely. It's also new and warrantied! ;)

I love mine. Nice and roomy, comfy as all hell and with the 6.4, it's no slouch despite its weight. I have no regrets so far.

I love mine. Nice and roomy, comfy as all hell and with the 6.4, it's no slouch despite its weight. I have no regrets so far.

Owners seem to love these things.

My neighboor has a Hellcat, and a 392...

They sound great with an exhaust!

Owners seem to love these things.

My neighboor has a Hellcat, and a 392...

They sound great with an exhaust!

They sound great with the stock exhaust too. Wait until you hear the Durango SRT. I drove one down to Columbus and back last month and loved it. The Hellcat and SRT Charger/Challenger have an active exhaust valve that opens at high throttle applications. The stock car is surprisingly loud.