Mallard

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just show the damn car.

4985746352_5cf873e38a_b.jpg

just kidding.

Interesting they are bringing the Demon name back. I'm bummed that they are using this new logo which looks all serious and stuff instead of the cute old demon logo:

http://www.officialpsds.com/images/thumbs/1971-Dodge-Demon-Logo-psd85447.png

This one says: "I'm friendly like casper but still get you in trouble, sometimes"

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/760c50658cce2318561c0f92e4162a267abf3362/c=320-0-2652-1318&r=x324&c=600x321/local/-/media/2017/01/11/DetroitFreePress/DetroitFreePress/636197495459926866-dodge-demon-logo.jpg

This one says: "Hold my vape pen while I roofie this chick's drink. Do you even lift bro?"

4985746352_5cf873e38a_b.jpg

just kidding.

Interesting they are bringing the Demon name back. I'm bummed that they are using this new logo which looks all serious and stuff instead of the cute old demon logo:

http://www.officialpsds.com/images/thumbs/1971-Dodge-Demon-Logo-psd85447.png

This one says: "I'm friendly like casper but still get you in trouble, sometimes"

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/760c50658cce2318561c0f92e4162a267abf3362/c=320-0-2652-1318&r=x324&c=600x321/local/-/media/2017/01/11/DetroitFreePress/DetroitFreePress/636197495459926866-dodge-demon-logo.jpg

This one says: "Hold my vape pen while I roofie this chick's drink. Do you even lift bro?"

Like the Hellcat logo, his teeth/mouth are s/c rotors...

Some claim you already have seen it...F8...

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I also wish they would've gone with a different name. Would've been awesome to have them built a smaller rwd car for the Dart badge and a hopped up version for the Demon badge. I know they've thrown the Lucifer name around on some projects, I think that would've been more fitting and intimidating.

Like the Hellcat logo, his teeth/mouth are s/c rotors...

really? I don't see it. I thought the hellcat used screw type rotors in the roots blower. I think it is gear and belt driven (crank drives belt, belt pully drives gear reduction attached to rotors) which means it may be the gear reduction sprockets?

I'm really interested in the spec. Supposed to be a 1000 HP AWD challenger?

really? I don't see it. I thought the hellcat used screw type rotors in the roots blower. I think it is gear and belt driven (crank drives belt, belt pully drives gear reduction attached to rotors) which means it may be the gear reduction sprockets?

The hellcat gets a eaton tvs blower, which is a roots style supercharger, just with updated technology in the rotors. Still not as efficient as a screw, but more cost effective to manufacture.

The hellcat gets a eaton tvs blower, which is a roots style supercharger, just with updated technology in the rotors. Still not as efficient as a screw, but more cost effective to manufacture.

Hellcat is an IHI supercharger, but yea to the rest.

My guess is they will not radically change the overall design of the Challenger in terms of looks... perhaps an extended hood? Longer body? dunno... Only thing we really know for sure is that it will have over 707 HP and be AWD. Knowing that, it should just "look" like the Challenger currently does.

They could use a turbine engine to power this thing with AWD... they have done the turbine thing once before :)

Negative space between teeth make the shape of two triangular rotors.

Is this the AWD Hellcat?

No. I think you're waiting for the Jeep.

I know you had mentioned this a couple times in another thread. So, it's the ADR?

Some rumors say yes, some say no...

The web site clearly shows a spinning rear wheel with a fender flare.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1106444_2018-dodge-challenger-adr-wide-body-srt-hellcat-spy-shots

No way it's going to be awd. I just don't see it. I'm guessing some bullshit badging and graphics, 50-100 more hp, some weight loss (100-200 lbs--lighter seats, bare bones radio, noise deadened removed, etc), some suspension tweaks aimed solely for drag racing, and smaller/lighter weight wheels with sticky tires. Hopefully, they have their sights set on 10.5 1/4 mile times. If they build a charger version, I'm genuinely intrigued

No way it's going to be awd. I just don't see it. I'm guessing some bullshit badging and graphics, 50-100 more hp, some weight loss (100-200 lbs--lighter seats, bare bones radio, noise deadened removed, etc), some suspension tweaks aimed solely for drag racing, and smaller/lighter weight wheels with sticky tires. Hopefully, they have their sights set on 10.5 1/4 mile times. If they build a charger version, I'm genuinely intrigued

Current Hellcat is 11.0, and people run faster. I think 10.5 is not a problem.

No Charger mentioned, following AllPar rumors this will be a small production run and have a higher price tag.

Negative space between teeth make the shape of two triangular rotors.

I'm a smart man, in sales/marketing, and fancy myself an automotive aficionado...

I can't see what the f**k you're talking about.

Quite frankly, if it's that difficult to visualize/understand, it's bad marketing. Surprising, as Mopar/Chrysler has a history of making some amazing packages for their vehicles in the 60s-70s that drove a ton of demand.

Use of the name is a soil on the original.....

I don't have a problem with use of the name...rather be on an LX-chassis car than the Dart LOL.

If anything, they could've used the Gremlin name for the Dart/Avenger to spruce it up. RIP FCA small cars.

I'm a smart man, in sales/marketing, and fancy myself an automotive aficionado...

I can't see what the f**k you're talking about.

Quite frankly, if it's that difficult to visualize/understand, it's bad marketing. Surprising, as Mopar/Chrysler has a history of making some amazing packages for their vehicles in the 60s-70s that drove a ton of demand.

I don't have a problem with use of the name...rather be on an LX-chassis car than the Dart LOL.

If anything, they could've used the Gremlin name for the Dart/Avenger to spruce it up. RIP FCA small cars.

I misspoke, it's only the silhouette of one rotor.

63afb436ed022befc1ddee4f8c337881.jpg

Illuminati

fc36aca3516b9942068ecbe899fad305.jpg

This is my thought as well.

Is only a inch wider than a Camaro. LOL

Base Challenger, not even. 63.7 in for both (2LT vs SRT) in rear track width. The 2SS is a little narrower, couldn't find new ZL1.

The Demon is 'a bit' wider, and that's mostly because they can't fit more tire in the fender well.