Dodge Challenger Demon

Mallard

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has to be 900+ or bust right?? I mean there is no need for all of this stuff if not?

This should say it all:

Drag racers will see big changes in elapsed time (ET) with the high-octane fuel.

Consider the crate a very elaborate "trunk kit," like OEM's used to do for SCCA.

I wonder how that will work with the emissions requirements.

The stock ECU will have to be emissions compliant, the crate ECU might only be "off-road" use, just like some of the other stuff in the crate.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

The Exorcist has got nothing on the Demon. They didn't even post 1/4 mile times. You could buy a Demon and a Hellcat for the price of the Exorcist, have a factory-backed warranty, and (most likely) run faster times at the track.

The Exorcist has got nothing on the Demon. They didn't even post 1/4 mile times. You could buy a Demon and a Hellcat for the price of the Exorcist, have a factory-backed warranty, and (most likely) run faster times at the track.

I don't disagree - I do think it is funny though.

It will be ~ 120k so you cannot buy a Hellcat and Demon. Keep in mind the Camaro will be 200-300 pounds lighter. I agree though - Demon will take in quarter - it is what it is built for but Demon would have no chance on a road course

I don't disagree - I do think it is funny though.

It will be ~ 120k so you cannot buy a Hellcat and Demon. Keep in mind the Camaro will be 200-300 pounds lighter. I agree though - Demon will take in quarter - it is what it is built for but Demon would have no chance on a road course

Oh, for some reason I thought Jalopnik said ~$150k. I agree that the Camaro would win in a road course, especially since the Demon's sidewalls will flex so much. The Demon was built for one purpose. The rumored Hellcat Widebody would be more well-rounded...

Oh, for some reason I thought Jalopnik said ~$150k. I agree that the Camaro would win in a road course, especially since the Demon's sidewalls will flex so much. The Demon was built for one purpose. The rumored Hellcat Widebody would be more well-rounded...

Nah - 55k conversion. It does have a 2 year 24k miles warranty but is clearly not the same as a factory car like the Demon. Again I just thought it was funny :)

I thought 10.80 was way too slow but they point out a stock Challenger Hellcat is a 11.70 car and it is tough to pick up a full second in that time class. I don't know - it has to be a single digit car or Dodge pulled off one of the greatest trolling advertising campaign ever.

I thought 10.80 was way too slow but they point out a stock Challenger Hellcat is a 11.70 car and it is tough to pick up a full second in that time class. I don't know - it has to be a single digit car or Dodge pulled off one of the greatest trolling advertising campaign ever.

This says 11.2 on stock rubber for the hellcat. 10.8 on drag radials.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/0-to-1320-feet-in-what-chrysler-posts-2015-dodge-challenger-srt-hellcat-14-mile-time/

Going to be single digits for sure...

The internet is saying it says 10.80....that would be huge disappointment in my mind

The internet has also been insisting it's AWD too. You've been reading the wrong internet sites...

This says 11.2 on stock rubber for the hellcat. 10.8 on drag radials.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/0-to-1320-feet-in-what-chrysler-posts-2015-dodge-challenger-srt-hellcat-14-mile-time/

Going to be single digits for sure...

Yeah Stock HC on drag radials goes 10.8, the Demon will not.

Could it be 1023hp, I know the SRT-4 stage 2 and stage 3 upgrade with toys offered 100 octane race gas options so it makes sense to have that the demon would have this option.

Those are the numbers I have seen leaked, and it was in the Instagram post I shared a few posts back. Personally I'm surprised it's not 1127.

287643a81432b9f69108aabe5f63b824.jpg