Chrysler 300 AWD being saved - Completed with Pics Inside

TTQ B4U

Steve aka Killjoy picked up a sweet luxury cruiser from who else......Jordan! Loaded with pano roof, leather, AWD, Nav, and a metric ton of other goodies including SWIRLS courtesy of improper washing in tunnel based systems on a regular basis :doh:

No worries as I'm off to spend the day bringing this beast back to life. As noted on Ben's Jeep, this import from Detroit has fantastic paint/clear coat. It's a real PIA to correct but it is durable and it's depth can easily be seen when corrected. I've already done the Hood and Trunk with great success. Will be ceramic coating the paint, windows and wheel faces. Stay tuned for updates!

In the mean time, here's the starting point. It actually looks better than it really is. Hit it with some lighting though and the swirls jump out at you. Unfortunately part of the drill when owning a pure black car. Good news is that it really stands out once corrected.

Here's a link to all the pics:

http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/PDQS4/library/Some%20of%20the%20vehicles%20I%20have%20detailed/2016%20Chrysler%20300%20AWD?sort=3&page=1

Save

Edited by TTQ B4U

I don't think he can do it [emoji13]

I'm old but I have few years left in me ;) Turned out well though. You'd think I repainted it. I call the results Liquid Black.

I love these cars especially in awd. looking forward to seeing results

I love the paint on these newer Chryslers and Jeeps products. Ben's wife had that Jeep G.C. and now with this 300, I'm really loving the depth of the color and damn that clear is tough and deep looking.

Steve is off having fun so I'm keeping it for another night and letting things cure. This has Ceramic Coating on the wheels, paint and glass. Full-package on this one. Hopefully Sunday will be nice and I can get some real pics of it. Give me some partly sunny skies!!

Here's what I have though. Thanks again Steve, I can't wait for you to see the difference in person. It's looking bad-ass IMO. bye-bye former rental car and hello show car :p

AFTER PICS:

http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/PDQS4/library/Some%20of%20the%20vehicles%20I%20have%20detailed/2016%20Chrysler%20300%20AWD?sort=3&page=1

Save

Edited by TTQ B4U

What are you using to light/photo?

Just a basic camera we keep around the house for all to use. Panasonic FZ-1000 IIRC. The light is just a dual LED folding work light. Magnetic too. Pretty nice. My kids got it as a stocking stuffer for me a couple years back. Works pretty good as a swirl finder on dark colors. :)

No better time....the salty mess is SO much easier to clean off

^^ this. Our van has not been cleaned for going on 3 weeks with multiple days of rain and mud tossed up on it and it still looks cleaner than 99% of the cars out there. Dirt sticks yes, but barely thus it comes off with even the lightest touch resulting in near zero issues scratching or marring the paint.

I really wish I lived closer. I have rwd '13 in Ivory Tri Coat Pearl that needs your touch. Great work, as always.

Damn that looks good. Pretty much a mirror. He should be happy when he picks it up.

Very nice car :cool: Great job as always Tim, I admire your work

Wow. That looks fucking great.

Thank you sirs! I treat them all like they are my own because for 24hrs they are :) This particular black looks stunning cleaned up.

Save

Just got home from picking this up. All I can really say to describe what Tim does is DAMN!!!!!! I cannot believe the difference!

I was not expecting the paint to turn out as well as it did. Whatever magic Tim uses it VERY strong! :lol:

I'd recommend Tim to ANYONE to bring their DD back to life!!

Now...... wheels, lower it and black some shit out!

KillJoy