Where to work part time?

dover

I am stepping back from my current position overseas to pursue further education. While I have school paid for, I need to acquire some sort of part time work to pay the day to day stuff. Does anyone know of anything remotely flexible that pays an honest wage? I need something I can work nights and weekends as I plan to be in school full time.

Bullet points of my resume:

10 years Mil.

3 years PMC

1 year gym TM

Thanks for any info.

I worked full time and went to school full time for 4 years (just graduated like a year ago). It's so easy these days since there's not much "show up" time - it's all mostly done online, even for non-online courses.. at least for DeVry, CSCC, and Franklin. You show up to class, then go home and have until the end of the week to do your tests and shit on their site.

I'm sure it all depends on your degree and school etc. though.

Do you need benefits?

I would suggest tending bar, are you personable and can hold a conversation while not being a complete dick (hey, its hard for some people)? Bartending can be pretty lucrative if you don't mind no benefits.

If you need a bit more structure (benefits, 401k, etc...) I can ask around at my work. We literally had a girl show up on her first day, then quit on her second ....

A number of friends work at FedEx warehouse for same reason as what you are looking for but it's generally very early morning shifts, like 4 to 8 AM but pay is decent, better then retail by far. But also very physical work.

May be worth looking into if can get on there.

I'm going to look in to the bartending thing. I'm staying out of the bouncer thing, not worth putting myself on the line for zero benefits and $12/hr lol. And I'll pass Bob haha I've been to gun shows and having to deal with those folks for longer than the 30 minutes I'm in there is priceless.

If you'd like to talk to someone about local prospects for new bartenders, a friend of mine owns the Columbus Bartending School, I'd be happy to give you her contact info, Mike.

I think she could give you the pros and cons of picking up the work part-time, whether you have an interest in getting formal training or not.

If you'd like to talk to someone about local prospects for new bartenders, a friend of mine owns the Columbus Bartending School, I'd be happy to give you her contact info, Mike.

I think she could give you the pros and cons of picking up the work part-time, whether you have an interest in getting formal training or not.

Absolutely, thank you Doc.

tOSU, Public Affairs - Public Management, Leadership, and Policy

Only dummies have a degree from THE Ohio State University ;)

I have zero ideas for work for you in your field though. I know a lot of the state agencies have summer interns and I worked year round at the lab where I interned. I'd say look into that now as they usually take resumes WAY before summer time. Just a suggestion. Paid internships too.