Anyone know much about Aflack?

smokin5s

I just signed up for short-term disability through them. $80k/year (1 year max) if I can't work. About $110/month for premium

It's saved a couple of co-workers butts already. Women can use it during pregnancies.

so they pay out 80k? So let's say that I have short term disability through my job that pays 80%, for ease of numbers, we'll say I make 100k, so my work pays me 80, and Aflack will pay out 80k... is that how it works?

so they pay out 80k? So let's say that I have short term disability through my job that pays 80%, for ease of numbers, we'll say I make 100k, so my work pays me 80, and Aflack will pay out 80k... is that how it works?

The $80k is the plan I picked. You can select less or more. It's a little less than what I make yearly too, I figured if I was temporarily disabled my everyday costs would go down also (no going out, wouldn't be eating as much, no house projects, etc.)

AFLAC is supplemental insurance. You are not going to collect double salary if you go on disability. The will likely pay the difference between what your employer sponsored short term will pay you and your regular salary. Shit, I would break my own leg to double my pay.

AFLAC is supplemental insurance. You are not going to collect double salary if you go on disability. The will likely pay the difference between what your employer sponsored short term will pay you and your regular salary. Shit, I would break my own leg to double my pay.

Yup.

Also look at Combined Insurance. It's the same as Aflac but without paying for them to make talking duck commercials. At least it use to be. I've been out of that gig for awhile.

I just signed up for short-term disability through them. $80k/year (1 year max) if I can't work. About $110/month for premium

It's saved a couple of co-workers butts already. Women can use it during pregnancies.

Wtf my rates arent even that high and my trade is dumb high to insure.