First 6 Second GTR

wagner

Finally been waiting for a thread of things going on there but I don't follow enough to start it haha

Jamie yes the old Jamie we never here from any longer ran a 7.2 off the trailer then ran a 7.6 breaking the block lifting the head stud and All out of it. However his 7.2 set the record.

Excited to see Dons car when they get it sorted out sad is was acting up and he couldn't make a pass

Jamie yes the old Jamie we never here from any longer ran a 7.2 off the trailer s

This is real news

How much money did they win?

Fucking zero less however much 3 GTR motors and the labor to swap them out at the track cost.

Dont get me wrong- being the first to accomplish anything is a feat-but its suck a money game its definitely hard to get pumped up about it.

I think Shep ruining consistent 7.7's in a full weight, AC, power window, full exhaust GTR is more impressive. Maybe Im getting old?

Not trying to be a dick but why is this a big deal? Havent lots of cars made it into the 6s? Is the gtr really that big of a boat?

It's all about the record and being the "first" to do it.

Fact is that there are fewer and fewer records in drag racing that can be broken anymore so if you can claim one it's a big deal.

It's all about the record and being the "first" to do it.

Fact is that there are fewer and fewer records in drag racing that can be broken anymore so if you can claim one it's a big deal.

That makes sense. I wasnt saying it wasnt impressive but it seems every youtube channel/facebook page i follow exploded about this more so than other things.

This is real news

Fucking zero less however much 3 GTR motors and the labor to swap them out at the track cost.

Dont get me wrong- being the first to accomplish anything is a feat-but its suck a money game its definitely hard to get pumped up about it.

I think Shep ruining consistent 7.7's in a full weight, AC, power window, full exhaust GTR is more impressive. Maybe Im getting old?

Does Shep have a " 7 sec gtr" plate?

I noticed a white GT-R while I was there with Ohio tags with a plate something to that effect. Whomever's car it was they bailed out on the second day, due to failure of some kind. The car put out a ton of smoke on the top end of a pass it made. In fact several GTR's blew up down there in similar fashion, granted all were fairly fast.

The AMS folks going 6's is pretty cool; especially with the fire, and engines'. Is it earth shattering, no, but it shows me they have a solid fan base to say the least. It is fun to see the boundary being crossed over and over. ETS looked as if they might be first but 3 trans' later no dice...

The GTR guys were certainly well prepared with spares, I will give them that lol. Unlike say the Underground Yellow Huracan which flat out was hands down better then the rest, it is the new bench mark.

Yes shep is "7 sec gtr"

Watch some of the 1320 video upload compilations they are about 8-10 minutes of good coverage

That makes sense then.

He had some kind of failure down there, I am sure it will get posted up what happened, but big smoke (oil) at the top end on one of his passes.

Not trying to be a dick but why is this a big deal? Havent lots of cars made it into the 6s? Is the gtr really that big of a boat?

Wagner (or anyone) can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is the first car to run a 6 second pass in a factory chassis (ie. not front or back halved) utilizing (modified) OEM engine and transmissions configurations. I understand the motor and trans are heavily modified, but they aren't swapped from another platform.

It would be the equivalent of a C7 Vette running a 6 with an LT4 and and an 8L90

Shep's car is seriously amazing. The guy refuses to compromise ANY streetability in exchange for ET. He is 2 hundredths of a second away from what he ran in a full blown methanol racecar. His car is literally the most streetable 7 second capable car I've ever seen.

The GTR guys were certainly well prepared with spares, I will give them that lol. Unlike say the Underground Yellow Huracan which flat out was hands down better then the rest, it is the new bench mark.

What was the Huracan better at?

UGR lost the standing half mile record this weekend to a GT-R as well (Alpha Logic 248.x MPH)

The reason the lambos fared so well in the roll race, was that all the heavy hitter GT-Rs were saving their cars for the 6 second 1/4 mile attempts.

That makes sense then.

He had some kind of failure down there, I am sure it will get posted up what happened, but big smoke (oil) at the top end on one of his passes.

Shep won his class. No failures.

The silver car that blew a headgasket at the top of the track was a guy out of Tennessee.

Does Shep have a " 7 sec gtr" plate?

I noticed a white GT-R while I was there with Ohio tags with a plate something to that effect. Whomever's car it was they bailed out on the second day, due to failure of some kind. The car put out a ton of smoke on the top end of a pass it made. In fact several GTR's blew up down there in similar fashion, granted all were fairly fast.

The AMS folks going 6's is pretty cool; especially with the fire, and engines'. Is it earth shattering, no, but it shows me they have a solid fan base to say the least. It is fun to see the boundary being crossed over and over. ETS looked as if they might be first but 3 trans' later no dice...

You know those break a fair amount too, right?

Wagner (or anyone) can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is the first car to run a 6 second pass in a factory chassis (ie. not front or back halved) utilizing (modified) OEM engine and transmissions configurations. I understand the motor and trans are heavily modified, but they aren't swapped from another platform.

It would be the equivalent of a C7 Vette running a 6 with an LT4 and and an 8L90

Shep's car is seriously amazing. The guy refuses to compromise ANY streetability in exchange for ET. He is 2 hundredths of a second away from what he ran in a full blown methanol racecar. His car is literally the most streetable 7 second capable car I've ever seen.

What was the Huracan better at?

UGR lost the standing half mile record this weekend to a GT-R as well (Alpha Logic 248.x MPH)

The reason the lambos fared so well in the roll race, was that all the heavy hitter GT-Rs were saving their cars for the 6 second 1/4 mile attempts.

Ah fair enough, I thought it was the white car (shep) that had and issue, they all start to blend together.

Question why do so many GTR's that were racing have to stop mid track and shut their cars off and restart after a bad launch? Some kind of ECU reduced engine power mode? Happened at least to a dozen of them while I was watching. And you can definitely tell these guys are pushing pushing pushing, which is exciting, but many of them broke, collateral damage to testing the limits.

Those 6 second GTR's (well one) are flat out race cars, striped down race cars, comparing those to that yellow Huracan is silly. That car was a street car full interior. And that Huracan was toying with the competition in the roll race event, it had and "easy 220-230 in it" (according to Kevin at the event). Did they take that car to the standing mile deal?

Downplaying GTR greatness is not my intention, just perspective from the event/reality. Ironically the R35 is a car I am shopping for right now!

I need to go to Texas next year!!

Since we're on the GTR subject, what's a realistic goal for a true DD GTR? 9 sec? 8sec?

8s and retaining daily driveability is fairly easy with the platform, as long as you use the right companies and components.

Question why do so many GTR's that were racing have to stop mid track and shut their cars off and restart after a bad launch? Some kind of ECU reduced engine power mode? Happened at least to a dozen of them while I was watching. And you can definitely tell these guys are pushing pushing pushing, which is exciting, but many of them broke, collateral damage to testing the limits.

If the clutches see excessive heat (cause by too much spin, or clutch slip) the car will go into a protection mode. It will require a restart to clear the protection. This can be disabled in tune for most tuners, although it's not a good idea.

Those 6 second GTR's (well one) are flat out race cars, striped down race cars, comparing those to that yellow Huracan is silly. That car was a street car full interior. And that Huracan was toying with the competition in the roll race event, it had and "easy 220-230 in it" (according to Kevin at the event). Did they take that car to the standing mile deal?

I honestly don't know enough about that particular Huracan, BUT I know all the 2R and X package Gallardos are running around with a dogbox. The car sure looks like a street car, but I can assure you it's an illusion.

Downplaying GTR greatness is not my intention, just perspective from the event/reality. Ironically the R35 is a car I am shopping for right now!

Being a fanboy isn't my intention either, which is how it probably came off. lol

Just trying to clear up common misconceptions.

8s and retaining daily driveability is fairly easy with the platform, as long as you use the right companies and components.

If the clutches see excessive heat (cause by too much spin, or clutch slip) the car will go into a protection mode. It will require a restart to clear the protection. This can be disabled in tune for most tuners, although it's not a good idea.

I honestly don't know enough about that particular Huracan, BUT I know all the 2R and X package Gallardos are running around with a dogbox. The car sure looks like a street car, but I can assure you it's an illusion.

Being a fanboy isn't my intention either, which is how it probably came off. lol

Just trying to clear up common misconceptions.

I believe that car had a dogbox as well as larger turbos (78-80mm), from my "tellings". Street car is always a slippery slope with all of these cars. I am sure it drives like a race car, requires maintenance like a race car, but "looks" street car. Dollar for Dollar you can not seem to beat the GTR at this point.

Thanks for the information on the transmission, makes perfect sense.