New truck. Lots to do.

Diamonds

Picked up a 2010 Ford F150 Supercab the other day to use as a go-to for the gun range (replacing my 2007 Tahoe). I bought a truck because I wanted to be able to throw dirty shot-up target stands in the bed without dirtying and scraping the interior panels (like what happened to the Tahoe). It drove me nuts. I also specifically wanted an extended cab so that I could store stuff in there and lock the truck...

CURRENT INTERIOR:

Interior is/was dirty and has a terrible cigarette smell odor. I did a once-over (will need a second run) on cleaning the interior and windows. I have it to an "Acceptable" point right now but want to go over everything again. I'm currently using a mixture of Ozium and a bucket of coffee grinds to try and fight the smell.

INTERIOR PLANS:

Got some charcoal colored Katzkin seat covers that are set to be installed on Friday. Also want to look into getting a new steering wheel because the one in it is just now starting to deteriorate. Also, I bought an Ozone Generator (just to have). So, if anyone wants to borrow it just let me know. Also, I just bought husky floormats (the form fitted ones).

CURRENT EXTERIOR:

Body is in decent shape. Couple small Dings. One dent in the bed which I pushed out pretty well.

EXTERIOR PLANS:

Going to add a 2 inch leveling kit to the front. I also just snagged an ARE fiberglass tonneau cover for 80 bucks on craigslist (a steal) that I need to install and paint. But, it came with keys and everything so that will make for a great place to leave my guns if we go into a store/food place, etc. I do plan to add some 20x9 wheels and 33 inch tires in the next month to gain a bit of ground clearance.

DRIVETRAIN:

5.4L V8, don't plan to modify it. The 4WD does have a little shimmy to it and you have to reverse a few feet to disengage 4wd (common?) but it drives straight otherwise. Having the 4wd checked out tomorrow.

PICS of it:

17799063_10105403788222114_3211109585734180413_n.jpg?oh=fdcc2387c105f2f3401ff30d301f5531&oe=59608FDA

17800347_10105403788217124_6692265881173952507_n.jpg?oh=8749cf9eb96eff84509eea98f01c8a13&oe=595DDCBD

17795776_10105403788406744_2393882073240137329_n.jpg?oh=7d4f2aeb4609426c56bee5427df2f3ee&oe=596290BB

You'll never get the cig smell out. It's in the hvac vents , headliner etc. I bought a Audi wagon that someone smoked in and the Ozium and coffee grinds. Swapped seats. Nothing worked I got rid of it because I couldn't take it anymore.

You'll never get the cig smell out. It's in the hvac vents , headliner etc. I bought a Audi wagon that someone smoked in and the Ozium and coffee grinds. Swapped seats. Nothing worked I got rid of it because I couldn't take it anymore.

Ive killed it with running a Uvonair ozone generator in the car with the A/C running/recycling an hour or 2 a day for a couple days

Well, truth be told.... I plan to smoke cigars in it.. which leaves a different smell. Should I just use the power of my cigars to out-do the previous owners smell of "domestic violence"?

Should I get these wheels?

http://www.procompusa.com/ImageLibrary/Products/PXA/40%20Series%20Dark%20Grey%20with%20Black%20Lip.jpg

OR THESE

http://images.4wheelparts.com/aux_incl/images.ashx?i=PXA2644_Syndrome_MatteGraphite_6lug_3q.jpg&partNo=PXA&w=330&h=330

5.4 is nothing but problems. Best of luck with that and the cig smell.

"Reversing" to get out of 4WD is not normal. 4hi should come in and out of 4wd while at a slow (5mph or less) roll. Some trucks can do it at higher speeds than that but it's always sketched me out a bit.

5.4 is nothing but problems. Best of luck with that and the cig smell.

"Reversing" to get out of 4WD is not normal. 4hi should come in and out of 4wd while at a slow (5mph or less) roll. Some trucks can do it at higher speeds than that but it's always sketched me out a bit.

Thanks! I guess there is a fix involved there!

Should I get these wheels?

http://www.procompusa.com/ImageLibrary/Products/PXA/40%20Series%20Dark%20Grey%20with%20Black%20Lip.jpg

QUOTE]

Those procomps look nice.

I used a XD wheel similar to those on my GMC.

Little different color scheme though.

[http://i.imgur.com/o3odX20l.jpg

Good looking truck. In my old Stealth, removing seats and scrubbing the carpet with simple green got my cig smell out. I did change the complete seats (not just covers) out for leather so that likely helped too.

Brian is either Dynotune Brian or somebody at PPC maybe?

I suggest some wheels without the fake beadlock bolt heads.

For smoke smell, there is a can at autozone I can't remember what it is called right now. You turn the AC on high and pull the pin on the can. Get out and shut the doors, it smokes the entire car out and cleans the air ducts and every piece of fabric. Between that and wiping everything down I got the smell out of a car I bought to sell.

OH and good luck with that 5.4. Worst motor ford made

I was bored here before bed, so you get a quick and dirty photoshop:

http://i.imgur.com/FEHjTBA.jpg

Wheels are ATX Mojave (estimated around a 20 and a 33" tire, might be a touch oversized but close). Also leveled it, removed steps, and painted your door handle body color.