WWCR Do (new car?)

BStowers023

Also there are a lot of disgruntled people out there were Hyundai denied their warranty repairs. Apparently the trade off for having the longest warranty is to be stingy and look for a loophole to get out of it.

So, kind of a stupid question, if you have a company truck why rush out to buy another car? Why not just live with the vette while you save up money and then when you have a different job with no company truck go out and buy something really great.

This is 'murica - that's not how it works :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you asking for the vette?

PM Sent :thumbup:

Going from a Corvette to a Kia/Hyundai might be the biggest downgrade in the history of mankind

I still say 14-15 Camaro SS or if you must get a 4 cyl, get an ATS

I don't need a 4cyl. I just want 1 vehicle that's under warranty that can be driven all year around that is at least relatively nice and fun to drive. Extended warranties are an option, I'll just have to do more research and see if they are legit. Like I've said before, I've heard mostly bad things about them being a scam.

Also there are a lot of disgruntled people out there were Hyundai denied their warranty repairs. Apparently the trade off for having the longest warranty is to be stingy and look for a loophole to get out of it.

So, kind of a stupid question, if you have a company truck why rush out to buy another car? Why not just live with the vette while you save up money and then when you have a different job with no company truck go out and buy something really great.

I'm not supposed to drive the company truck for personal use. I mean, stopping at the gym or grocery store on the way home from work is no big deal, but if I want to go out to a buddy's house or go watch the game at the bar and have a few beers (not get drunk for those who might think I get hammered and drive, I don't), I wouldn't want to risk my job by driving a company truck just in case. Or for going out of town to visit family and friends or vacation I would need another vehicle.

I'm a little late to the party, but I live in a 2 Focus ST household. I factory ordered my 2013 ST2 in Feb 2013, since it was delivered at the end of March of '13 I've put 67k on it and I'm still loving it. The early ST2s don't have a lot of the available options the later models do.

My fiancée has a 2015 ST3 that she loves. We got hers @ end of model year so there was 0% for 72mo on top of some cash rebates. I will say I prefer the partial leather seats on the ST2 compared to full leather. She loves the heated seats and steering wheel. I think the later years went away from the Goodyear Eagle F1 tires which were dogshit and only lasted me about 16k miles.

When we were shopping for her we also looked at Cooper S 4dr, and WRX. Cooper was nice but a terrible value proposition (I refused to consider buying it, only leasing). WRX was a fantastic value but overall just more expensive, and the lack of hatch option ultimately killed it for us. FoST was just a fantastic all around value, and we had the benefit of already having lived with one for a couple years so we knew what we were getting into.

PM me sometime if you want to come check out our cars side by side to see the differences in model years and trims.

I'm a little late to the party, but I live in a 2 Focus ST household. I factory ordered my 2013 ST2 in Feb 2013, since it was delivered at the end of March of '13 I've put 67k on it and I'm still loving it. The early ST2s don't have a lot of the available options the later models do.

My fiancée has a 2015 ST3 that she loves. We got hers @ end of model year so there was 0% for 72mo on top of some cash rebates. I will say I prefer the partial leather seats on the ST2 compared to full leather. She loves the heated seats and steering wheel. I think the later years went away from the Goodyear Eagle F1 tires which were dogshit and only lasted me about 16k miles.

When we were shopping for her we also looked at Cooper S 4dr, and WRX. Cooper was nice but a terrible value proposition (I refused to consider buying it, only leasing). WRX was a fantastic value but overall just more expensive, and the lack of hatch option ultimately killed it for us. FoST was just a fantastic all around value, and we had the benefit of already having lived with one for a couple years so we knew what we were getting into.

PM me sometime if you want to come check out our cars side by side to see the differences in model years and trims.

FWD LoL

Will do man, I appreciate the insight :thumbup:

From pictures, I also like the partial leather seats too. Leather looks nice, but owning pretty much all cars with leather seats, they suck during extreme weather (hot or cold) and they eventually tear up and are expensive to replace. The look of the partial leather IMO is better as well.

PM Sent :thumbup:

I'm not supposed to drive the company truck for personal use. I mean, stopping at the gym or grocery store on the way home from work is no big deal, but if I want to go out to a buddy's house or go watch the game at the bar and have a few beers (not get drunk for those who might think I get hammered and drive, I don't), I wouldn't want to risk my job by driving a company truck just in case. Or for going out of town to visit family and friends or vacation I would need another vehicle.

I'm not suggesting you use the company truck any more than you are allowed to....still most of your driving is going to be in that company truck so you really aren't racking up miles on your other car, which just means you tough it out with the vette for another year or two and then buy a $35K plus car instead of a $25K car.

or you could just do this:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/699325736/overview/

it's not even a remotely fun car to drive for a car guy but it's useful. Plus you could dress it up like a rally car and go find some dirt roads, or go camping:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3715/10334303916_60162df2fa_o.jpg

93441c1c16ba75fb92874602b3b88a91.jpg

I have a friend who has a Hyundai that has had a few recalls. The last one was for engines. I guess some people engines exploded and there wernt covered under warrant. I guess they realized they had problems when the block's were made. So they extended the engine warranty to 100k even for second owners etc.

Anyway if you find a Genesis 2 door with the 2.0 turbo the engine warranty might be extended to 100k.