2JZ experts needed

Murse

Is there anyone on here who is versed in the 2JZGE? I have a 92 SC300 automatic that I am having difficulty figuring out what the underlying issue is.

Problem: Will not hold an idle and/or no acceleration.

I say "and/or" because the acceleration issue is intermittent and I'm not sure if its related or what it is related to. It will get up to speed but very slowly. Won't down shift to accelerate.

The idle either seems to chase itself up and down. When the RPM is on the high end and you give it gas it seems to bog down. But after replacing the throttle position sensor and it holds at 3,000, way to high. I have also replaced the idle control valve.

Things that I have done; new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil. Cleaned the MAF and throttle body. The timing belt was done about 1,500 miles ago at 130k. Timing appears to be right on.

I am looking for either a) someone who can diagnose the problem and I will fix it or b) having someone fix it all together. Is there anyone that knows these or a shop that can help. Im not looking for free or handouts. I just want this car to be reliable!

Thank you in advance.

Sounds like your ECU may have a leaky capacitor. Fairly common on Toyota/Lexus of this era. Even if this isn't the root cause of this issue I would stress checking it and having it repaired if any are leaking.

Aside from that, i'd check for vacuum leaks (spray brake clean over hoses and everything air would pass through to get into the engine), test your MAF for good measure and just give the engine bay a thorough once over, look for any loose or damaged wires, basically any dumb shit that usually happens on older stuff.

MAF test for 2JZGE

http://my.prostreetonline.com/2014/09/18/how-to-test-a-2jzge-maf/

Timing belt tension feels good but I don't have a way to measure it or anything to compare it against.

Vacuum leak is something we checked but it was really difficult to tell because idle was all over and tough to hold at one spot. I did replace the old rubber vacuum caps from where lines had been removed with the EGR delete. Some were in terrible shape and cracked. So I just bought a package and replaced them all.

Fuel issue is something I have thought about but don't really know where to start or what to check.

The ECU has been fixed. I forgot to mention that. I have three, one you can clearly see the caps leaked. The other looks good but when installed it won't start, and the other has been fixed and does start the car.

I'll test the MAF. I thought it was fine since it ran like garbage when I have accidentally forgotten to plug it back it.

The TPS has been set and within correct limits. I still have a feeling there is an issue there because one TPS acts one way and another acts a different.

Where in canal are you located? I might be able to swing by sometime and check it out and see if it's something that jumps out at me. Not sure if it's something that will be able to be fixed without scan tools to track it down but happy to take a look

Steve-o it located at my parents place in Groveport closer to Rickenbacker. It has a round port inside and a rectangular port in the engine bay. Being a 92 it's not obd2 so that's made diagnosing a little more difficult.

I was going to take it up to work but my guys are busy so it's one of those that he can try and get to in between. and we are already out of parking spaces so they don't want it sitting up there for who knows how long.

Certainly something we can take a look at, there's a pretty huge range of causes that you would need to just work down through. Has it ever run correctly? Modifications other than EGR delete? That's something we would start with some diag time to at least get some starting points then have a conversation. Welcome to one of those

"$200 or $10,000" jobs ;)