Help: Fun car Shopping

Miller

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I only glanced at most of the responses (well except for the Aaron and Tilley exchange :lol: )

But anyways...

Here are my 2 cents.

I had originally intended on using the GTR for road racing etc. but then when I ended up going full retard on the build, I realized that taking it to Mid-O would be a BAD idea.

So recently I have been considering adding another (more affordable) car that I could take to road courses, enjoy on the street, and not lose my ass on.

What I think I have landed on is: 987.1 Cayman S + Stage 1 turbo kit + brake upgrade.

Should be doable for around $20k ish car (higher miles) $7k ish turbo kit (with injectors tune etc) and a few grand for brakes.

In the end it's a 3000lb mid engine Porsche with 400hp ish for around $30k invested. Not sure how that can be a bad decision.

What I think I have landed on is: 987.1 Cayman S + Stage 1 turbo kit + brake upgrade.

Should be doable for around $20k ish car (higher miles) $7k ish turbo kit (with injectors tune etc) and a few grand for brakes.

In the end it's a 3000lb mid engine Porsche with 400hp ish for around $30k invested. Not sure how that can be a bad decision.

You will find out why when you get frustrated when a 90hp miata passes you.

You think you'd need a brake upgrade? I'd get a 2009+ for a long-term investment, although they're damn near impossible to find and the values are tater right now.

Hard to go wrong with a $20k 987.1S- throw a good oil pan at it, do 3rd radiator and brake pads. When you hit the limit start on suspension. I keep having to talk myself out of it.

Fx4 Ecoboost should check all the boxes

:lolguy: :lolguy: :lolguy: :lolguy: :lolguy: :lolguy:

Thanks for that.

I went a slightly different direction than I expected. I sent the Porsche off to have a new, professionally-built race motor put into it. So I'm going to keep it.

I have the Viper at Clifford Automotive getting a respray back to the OEM paint color to boost its value and I've got a trade offer when it returns at a local dealership for a brand new Honda Ridgeline and some cash back.

I know it seems a little sideways but I've entered my 30's and it seems like the right choice to slow down. This will help me get a rig to tow the Porsche. Having lower gas costs (the Viper was like $150 a week with bad traffic) are important because my research and sources tell me the market's due to crash in 6 months here in Columbus.