Memorial Day Weekend Car Stuff

Doc1647545523

Please feel free to add any car events you know of to the thread.

What I'm aware of at this point:

Friday night Quaker Steak @ Polaris 6-9 p.m. informal meet-up for food

Friday night beginning at 9:30 5777 Chantry Dr. (off Brice) East Side meet

Saturday morning: Columbus Roll-Out to Dayton Cars & Coffee, meet at 6 a.m. on west side, see details here: http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1921710&postcount=28

Columbus Cars and Coffee at Lennox, 9-12

Saturday night Polaris Cabelas off Gemini 9 p.m, unsanctioned meet, be prepared to move to another location if closed down

Please be mindful of the increased traffic on the major routes. Many of the drivers are travelers unfamiliar with the routes and may be fatigued. Also, the popo are out in force trying to keep us from killing each other. :p

Nice turnout at QSL last night and then later off of Brice Road (until 11:30 when it started to rain). I was glad I got to meet CR members whom I had previously only known by screen name.

I bailed on this morning's trek to Dayton because it was still pretty wet in Delaware at 5 a.m. But I'll be at Columbus Cars & Coffee at Lennox at 9 with free coffee for CR members. Indian Monsooned Malabar with cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamon added. Bring your own mug or use the styrofoam cups provided. If you need pour over or Chai or chocolate, may I recommend Starbucks. :p

See you there.

Saturday night Polaris Cabelas off Gemini 9 p.m, unsanctioned meet, be prepared to move to another location if closed down

IF it gets shut down everyone can roll over to the TacPack shop on Schrock. Someone text me if they need a spot.

Hilliard had a small meet yesterday at Mission Performance, and I know there's a Hoover meet Monday 2-4, but that's all I know about for the rest of the holiday weekend. If you hear about a Hilliard meet tonight, please post it here.

Was the SPIES demonstration better than what I've seen on TV?

Honestly, I couldn't see much other than turn one from where we were standing. All of the big screens were facing the other way too. It was rather cool to see a B52 fly over at 600 ish though!